• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Parry v Barnes

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting comparison:

John Barnes
Games: 14
Won: 3
Draw: 1
Lost: 10
Win %: 21.43

Parry, Les
Games: 15
Won: 6
Draw: 3
Lost: 6
Win %: 40

Certainly an improvement :)

UptonRover

Player
Pat Nevin
Did anyone see Goals on Sunday with McAteer on Sky? When asked why it didn't work out at Tranmere he blamed it all on the lack of money and said he wants to coach at a TOP club!! HaHaHa!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yeah i watched it, just confirms his lack of knowledge of the game.I would be sirprised if he got another go in management.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
With that record, he shouldn't be allowed to go near a football club, but football as it is, someone will take him..

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Interesting comparison:

John Barnes
Games: 14
Won: 3
Draw: 1
Lost: 10
Win %: 21.43

Parry, Les
Games: 15
Won: 6
Draw: 3
Lost: 6
Win %: 40

Certainly an improvement :)

Also bear in mind Barnes brought in his own players - Les has been saddled with the mess he left behind. Which makes the stats even more eye-opening............

If Les carries on that ratio until the end of the saeson we MAY have a chance of staying up. And thats the first time ive even considered that possibility since August. He will be even more of a legend than he already is if he manages that!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
If we carry on like that we will stay up.

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
ME, im a bit hit with the ladies
Parry's record is miles better than that idiot Barnes's, but ill be suprised should he keep us up.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If it was a head-to-head match, Les would be winning about 5-0 over Dumb and Dumber. He knows what he's doing despite having NO qualifications and NO experience before this. Physio for me every time.

M

Mal

Surely the first 6 were 'Barnes Hangover' matches?

In which case, what is the record discounting those? Surely that is more representative of future performance?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I think we're only just beginning to emerge from the B&rnes hangover. In fact we'll probably have a nagging headache until next season!

Things are improving

Cant help but agree with the praise for Les, but, considering our dreadful position we were left in by Barnes and the boy idiot [all down to Johnsons judgement of course] I still think survival a long haul off.

Doubt if we can finish the season on more than 46 to 48 points, leaving relegation the most likely outcome. If it then so be it but we will at least have the nucleus of a team, including some good youngsters, who can help us bounce back within a season or two, presuming Johnson isnt stupid enough to sell them on the cheap - he couldnt really be that stupid could he?

One avenue of hope may open if Southend go into administration and that is a real possibility, though I am not wishing it upon them by any means.

I reserve most ill feeling for Johnson who I must again accuse of remaining silent when the club need an idea/vision of the future, both short term and longer term. The silence remains ominous. I cant hear you Johnson...

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
ME, im a bit hit with the ladies
I don't rate Parry, I think he's been just lucky up to now but even Alex Ferguson would struggle to sort out the mess by that Joker Barnes and his idiot sidekick McAteer so he deserves a little credit for us at least having a chance of being safe, but he needs to be directed back to the treatment room as soon as our fate is decided.

Peter Johnson's calamitous decisions are totally to blame for our plight.

Get rid.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Les has doen a great job. He identified what had to be done and is now moving the team forward:

!/ Make us hard to beat. Has achieved this by playing 433, protected the back 4 and Daniels in doing so they have all got their confidence back in themselves and more importantly in each other.

2/ Has implemented a hard work ethic. One thing we can all honestly say about the side is they ALL put a shift in, tireless closing down and hard work are starting to pay dividends.

3/ Switching back. Les has stopped the rot at the back but has identified that to win games w need to take the game to the opposition, in the last 2 games has switched to a 442 that has made us a much more potent force going forward, and due to his hard work with the back 4 we still look solid.

Keep the faith lads, the man KNOWS what he is doing. SWA=D>