• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

orient v rovers

Player
aldo
i am there at the weekend we are going to London on thursday and coming home monday big game hoping for another big win 3-1

M

Mal

I have been down this part of the world for 40 years, cripes. And in that time at Orient I have only seen one win (on my birthday during THAT run) and one world class goal from Frank Worthington (what a player). Hopefully this will be the second win. PLEASE.

M

Mal

Aloes, where are you staying? Some half decent pubs in Bethnal Green, on the central line to Leyton.

Player
aldo
just at the holiday inn . i got my wife mamma mia tickets for friday then partying on sat night with 3 points

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Despite their league position Orient are in good form and this will be a test. They have the 2nd top scorer in the league in Bonne and have other decent players at this level.

As ever Micky has decisions to make. Tollit is available having played 75 mins on Tuesday and getting a goal. Still expect him to be sub. Wallace picked up a minor groin injury but not a surprise sadly. Davies is available but they are testing his kicking tomorrow. Larnell Cole back in full training but Buxton hasn't trained all week.

After all that I expect an unchanged line up with Davies treated with caution and Ben coming off the bench. Expect Rides to keep his place at right back with bucko not being risked so Eddie at left back and the same 11 that started last week.

Prediction. Score draw.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A game away at a side in the bottom eight would normally seem a gimme with the form we are in at the moment, but this will be a tough match for the reasons Sparky outlines. Orient have much better players than their position suggests and we will actually be confronted by a partisan crowd and an atmosphere, which is unusual for this level.

All of that said, if we are serious about winning the league we have to win the game, particularly as Wrexham have an easy fixture at home and could open a gap at the top. Orient score a lot of goals but concede plenty as well, so I would imagine the game will be pretty open.

I agree with Sparky that we will probably be unchanged, unless Buxton trains tomorrow and comes through OK. I don't think Tollitt will be risked. It is a shame about Wallace, but I can't see his football career lasting beyond the summer.

Prediction: narrow Rovers victory in front of circa 500 SWA.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think Orient will be a pushover, this will be a difficult game, which could go either way. Our record at Brisbane Road (or whatever it's called now) is patchy, our most recent visit was the 2-0 defeat in our last away game in L1, with ex-Rover Chris Dagnall sealing the victory.

Agree with the suggested line-ups. Mitch Duggan has totally dropped out of the picture following his hamstring injury, but I would like to see him considered at right-back, if Buxton remains unfit.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agree totally with RLC's assessment above. And he is wise not to predict as it could go either way. But surely if we turn up and get a modicum of luck we should sneak it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They may have improved their form but Aldershot won there 2 weeks ago and if we are to win the league we need to win as well, think we will win 2 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Davies back in goal the only change. Tollit on the bench. Come on SWA!

Player
Manager
John King
Davies back in goal, otherwise unchanged. Suggests mm had doubts about Taylor like many of us.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Had to laugh when I heard MM describe Wallace injury as "minor' and would keep him out for, perhaps, SIX weeks.
I suppose by Wallace's history that is minor!
Bucko has tweeted a good luck message so he'll be out. Unchanged it is then hopefully. I suspect they'll look to make it uncomfortable for Rides.
As I write, see Scottie is back. Great news.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Keeper is no place to hide if you’re not 100% fit, so Micky must be confident Scott is in good shape.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If Cookie decides on pastures new we've got Ritchie to take his shirt!
Only messing, though Ronnie was a converted centre half....

Player
Manager
John King
Tough tough game. Orient are a good team and have edged it but we have defended well. Goal came at a great time. We need to keep it better in the second half.