• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Orient 2-1 Tranmere

DIW

Player
Goodison
****ing hell we can't afford not to win on Friday.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As well as the youth of the team, you also have to consider how many games our small, inexperienced squad have played this season. Taylor, Holmes, Palmer etc. are virtual ever presents and have had no real rest all season.

I think it must be tremendously mentally tiring to play in a top of the table side for 5 and a half months where the opposition are up and at you every game from the first whistle. It looked like the players were not trying on Saturday but maybe they just had nothing left in the tank ? Possibly Saturday's performance just demonstrates how well we have done to cope with the pressure of being top in previous games and stay there as long as we have.

Despite Wallace's youth, I think his return will benefit us greatly as he is a naturally strong character and leader on the pitch.

You may have hit the nail on the head. It's one reason perhaps Ronnie didn't want to give Carl or Max a long run in the team, although he now has been forced to.

Ironically, after many years of poor discipline our behaviour on the field this season has been excellent (apart from the JLAA dismissal), so the lads aren't even getting a short break through a suspension!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You may have hit the nail on the head. It's one reason perhaps Ronnie didn't want to give Carl or Max a long run in the team, although he now has been forced to.

Ironically, after many years of poor discipline our behaviour on the field this season has been excellent (apart from the JLAA dismissal), so the lads aren't even getting a short break through a suspension!

Had me scratching my head wondering how I'd missed Carl's extended run in the team:-k Guess you mean Cole:idea: It's a valid point about youngsters being played more than anticipated, although surprisingly there don't seem to be the same qualms about giving loanee youngsters an extended run out.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
surprisingly there don't seem to be the same qualms about giving loanee youngsters an extended run out.

In fairness I think most of the loanee youngsters (Palmer, Gibson) are a little ahead of Power and Stockton in terms of first team appearances. Cole is a first year professional, Power a second year pro who had hardly played before this season.

Palmer, on the other hand, played 20-30 games in the first team at Hillsborough last season and Gibson gained extensive experience at York and Plymouth.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Had me scratching my head wondering how I'd missed Carl's extended run in the team:-k Guess you mean Cole:idea: It's a valid point about youngsters being played more than anticipated, although surprisingly there don't seem to be the same qualms about giving loanee youngsters an extended run out.
Yes, apologies to Cole. Senior moment.