• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

One of the saddest sights I have seen at Prenton Park

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Half the people who were in the ground at kick off had left the ground. Own up, who left early.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I didn't leave early. Although I saw no reason to stick around. My bro fooked off for a pint after about 75 minutes. I think most people stuck it out to be given the opportunity to boo them after the final whistle. :roll:

S

Seanyb

What did i do wrong in life to deserve that last night. I did stay for the full painful 90 minutes.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Did anyone else see how quickly Brian legged it inside at half time? I suspect he didn't want to listen to the booing, or give reason for the booing to continue any longer.

DixieDean

i was one of the ones who went home early... well, i went home early from work and had no intention of using my season ticket :)

This had boring/awful game written all over it and i'm glad i stayed in and watched tele :D :D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
i was one of the ones who went home early... well, i went home early from work and had no intention of using my season ticket :)

This had boring/awful game written all over it and i'm glad i stayed in and watched tele :D :D

Whats the point of having a season ticket with an attitude like that? Its just a waste. Its OK to say now that you knew it was going to be boring etc etc, but you've already paid for the game. Was watching TV really all that more interesting. Least you would have got some fresh air :wink:

What if we would have won the game? Would you have been so bold as to tell people you didnt go because you had a feeling it was going to be crap. Jesus, if our season ticket holders all share the same attitude as yourself, no wonder the atmopshere is poor.

If you're paying on the gate, I'd expect a more flexible attitude. :?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can't believe that someone would pay out all that money for a season ticket to then sit in and watch the tele... What a waste of money! No wonder our attendences are falling with fans with the attitude that you have!

S

Seanyb

Hey it isnt his fault he doesnt want to go! Its getting depressing the more times I go now!

DixieDean

the people i regularly go with were all away. i'd have gone on my own if it was a game worth going to see. last night's match didn't inspire me at all, so i stayed at home.
by not going i didnt waste the money on the ticket I actually saved money on travel a programme, food and drink.

can anyone actually tell me what i'd have enjoyed last night? or even learned by turning up? i already know that BL is crud and cannot get the best out of our players.
Playing scunthorpe was never going to inspire them either was it?

some people go to sing and enjoy themselves regardless of the football on display. i'm afraidf that's not me. i go there to be entertained. and entertainment is currently the last thing on display.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
i go there to be entertained. and entertainment is currently the last thing on display.
it has been for a while mate :wink:

DixieDean

Ian said:
it has been for a while mate :wink:

I actually thought the Bradford game was one of the most entertaining league games we've had there for a long time (excluding playoffs!). The fact that we didn't win doesn't matter as long as the lads play with that attitude.

DixieDean said:
the people i regularly go with were all away. i'd have gone on my own if it was a game worth going to see. last night's match didn't inspire me at all, so i stayed at home.
by not going i didnt waste the money on the ticket I actually saved money on travel a programme, food and drink.

can anyone actually tell me what i'd have enjoyed last night? or even learned by turning up? i already know that BL is crud and cannot get the best out of our players.
Playing scunthorpe was never going to inspire them either was it?

some people go to sing and enjoy themselves regardless of the football on display. i'm afraidf that's not me. i go there to be entertained. and entertainment is currently the last thing on display.

i still think that you should go,however you feel!support you're team through good and bad :!: i agree,that there is very little happening down at PP,but you should go even if it just means puttin the attendance up by one :!:

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
i still think that you should go,however you feel!support you're team through good and bad :!: i agree,that there is very little happening down at PP,but you should go even if it just means puttin the attendance up by one :!:

erm, no.
like i said i go there to watch good football and to be entertained. Sorry if that's harsh and unsupportive, but thats' how i feel. If i Paid £15 to go to the theatre and the actors just sat around and didnt actually do anything somehow i dont think they'd get many people going back the following week.

DixieDean said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:

erm, no.
like i said i go there to watch good football and to be entertained. Sorry if that's harsh and unsupportive, but thats' how i feel. If i Paid £15 to go to the theatre and the actors just sat around and didnt actually do anything somehow i dont think they'd get many people going back the following week.

somehow i can't compare the theatre with football. even if it is a poor trfc team! you go the theatre then mate if thats what you want :!:

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
[somehow i can't compare the theatre with football

i can. in fact i just did. I go to both to be entertained and TRFC v Scunthorpe was a match i didnt expect to entertain me last night. Not the way we are playing at present anyway.

DixieDean said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
[somehow i can't compare the theatre with football

i can. in fact i just did. I go to both to be entertained and TRFC v Scunthorpe was a match i didnt expect to entertain me last night. Not the way we are playing at present anyway.

well whatever suites you're fancy! i could understand you giving the away games a-miss,but the home games :?: especially awith you havin' a season ticket!

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
well whatever suites you're fancy! i could understand you giving the away games a-miss,but the home games :?: especially awith you havin' a season ticket!

i'm stil waiting for someone to tell me what i missed?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I stayed to the end, and I'm so glad I did, I clapped greenacre but gave abuse to the rest of lazy areses of tranmre rovers who don't care abouyt us.

after the gaem, i wasnlt involved with the fans singing obsene songs but I stayed with a few mates to see what happend, I told some players they awful but I'm still behind them., chances are they don;t care cos they didn't last night but Ihope something gets sorted out and fast. a sad night and one i want to forget fast.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
i'm still waiting for someone to tell me what i missed?
you've missed the point completely mate. well, from the one i was trying to make. hindsight is a great thing, but to make a decision not to go before the game has even started, great attitude!! :roll:

what makes it more unbelievable is that you've already paid for it and still make that decision. although you could argue that was one of your free games i suppose.

its ok to be smug after that debacle, i just think your attitude stinks! :shock:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
i wasnlt involved with the fans singing obsene songs
eh? tell us more..