• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

On This Day: TRFC v Spurs

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure if anyone's noticed on the main page, but today was the day Spurs came to town, and erm, won quite convincingly actually. :-$

A mere seven years ago when the game took place, only feels like a year or so ago! It was the 3rd round of the Carling Cup and only 12386 came to witness.

Teams that day:
Tranmere: Joe Murphy, Gareth Roberts, Graham Allen, Steve Yates, Ian Sharps, Sean Flynn, Micky Mellon, Nick Henry, Seyni N'Diaye, Andy Parkinson, Stuart Barlow
Subs: John Achterberg, Richard Hinds, Dave Challinor, Iain Hume, Wayne Allison

Spurs: Neil Sullivan, Mauricio Taricco, Ledley King, Chris Perry, Ben Thatcher, Simon Davies, Steffen Freund, Darren Anderton, Gus Poyet, Teddy Sheringham, Les Ferdinand
Subs: Kasey Keller, Tim Sherwood, Oyvind Leonhardsen, Sergei Rebrov, Alton Thelwell

Full match details here if you're interested! :p

Player
Liam Palmer
Only 12386? I'd be happy with that if we played Spurs now (mind you, I'd quite happily play Spurs now).

Good to see Sharps on the scoresheet last night for Rotherham against Leeds.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I always expected close to full house (maybe 15/16k) when we played Premiership teams. It never happened though, and the attendances weren't too bad then. That's when people still had a glimmer of hope. lol

We were getting 8/9k for home games, and even had 7693 for the Brigg Town FA Cup 1st round game! Imagine what the attendance would be if we played them now?!

Ohh, those were the days..

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
i remember this game because steffan freud was a ****ing ****.

Player
Johnny morrissey
I always expected close to full house (maybe 15/16k) when we played Premiership teams. It never happened though, and the attendances weren't too bad then. That's when people still had a glimmer of hope. lol

We were getting 8/9k for home games, and even had 7693 for the Brigg Town FA Cup 1st round game! Imagine what the attendance would be if we played them now?!

Ohh, those were the days..

Ahh Brigg Town one of my fav games in recent years, made my proud to be a rovers fan\\:D/