• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham v Rovers

Oldham v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Boundary Park
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
if game on the boys are in a superb run at the mo . i would expect us to get the points but wont be easy 3-1. hope connor to get another 2

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
My nearest game this season, but, due to persisting virus, won't be there tomorrow if the rain holds off. Given my recent away record,this is probably not a bad thing.

Pete Wild, who was in charge during their recent cup run, takes temporary charge of The Latics again. Probably the best short-term option they could have in the circumstances. It will be interesting to see if any of the threatened fan protests actually happen. Ex-Rover Jose Baxter won't feature for the home side after being sent off at Lincoln.

Expecting an unchanged Rovers xi, Morris likely to be fit and probably earning a place on the bench. Another excellent away turnout from the SWA expected, hoping to see another win.
I thought Peter Clarke was in charge for Saturday, or is it a joint effort ?

I agree with Boz that Morris will be on the bench and we will be unchanged in the 451 formation, with Banks in the creative midfield role. I think the performance of Banks could be key. He effectively won us the game on Tuesday night, but in the return fixture at PP he let the cat-calls of the Oldham fans get to him and put in a poor performance. We need him to keep his composure and focus on the job in hand tomorrow.

My Oldham supporting work colleague says the Latics have badly missed Sam Surridge, the loan striker who was recalled by Bournemouth in January. Apparently Scholes was trying to implement a passing game that the Oldham players were not really suited to, but who knows what kind of approach awaits us tomorrow.

Despite the respective form of the two sides, any game between local rivals is difficult to predict. However, I will be disappointed if we don't win and with Mansfield playing Lincoln on Monday and MK facing a tricky derby with Stevenage, there could be a further opportunity to close the gap to the top four.

Player
Manager
John King
Edit: just read that Wild has returned for tomorrow's game (if it takes place).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm as confident as I have been for any game all season, maybe too confident, but I can't see anything other than a sixth straight win by a couple of goals. I too think Micky will reward Tuesday's win with an unchanged team.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Now the inspection is 10:45 apparently. Will be amazed if it’s on

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's off. :thumbsdown:

Player
Manager
John King
Gutted as it would have been a big occasion today. Now there will be 800 SWA on a Tuesday night....

Player
Manager
John King
A generally very good set of results for us today. Of the leading sides only Exeter won, albeit against Colchester who are also promotion rivals. We face the Us next week and hopefully they will be deflated after a couple of poor results. Exeter have Law and Boateng back in the side and might have a strong finish to the season.

We are now four points clear of eighth place, with a game in hand on most of those below us. Unless we completely implode, we have a very good chance of making the play offs. We are also only five points behind MK, who drew, with a game in hand and still to play them at home.

The matches against Colchester, Carlisle, FGR and MK Dons in the coming weeks are absolutely huge.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We are 4 points ahead of 8th and 9th with a game in hand and our next two games are against those 2 teams Colchester and Carlisle

Player
aldo
a good set of scores to day not bad when you consider . we had a bad run a few month back so to be only 5 points off the auto places is amazing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are in a great position and the next few weeks are massive for us. Let's hope we can keep this amazing run going.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Postponement perhaps not ideal given we're on a roll but I'm sure the players would prefer a rest than play on a lottery of a pitch.
Tasty TV game on Monday night to watch instead of the usual PL dross.
Imps are out of sight, so save for our visit there don't mind if they tonk everyone, starting Monday!
Trying desperately to just look at teams below us that could gatecrash a playoff spot rather than those above us we could potentially catch.
Two minutes into a play off final I couldn't have dreamt of where we are now.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
I’d agree if we weren’t going to be playing the game on a Tuesday between another 2 Saturday games, but this will be closer to the end of the season when we need their fitness levels even more so than now. Or it could generate much needed momentum, swings and roundabouts really...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree that playing on a quagmire would have made a lottery out of the game, so the postponement is not too bad. Playing at Oldham on a Tuesday isn't a hardship like a midweek round trip to Exeter might be. It's not as if we have a fixture pile-up and I am sure Micky will make the best use of the break.

Player
aldo
giving the boys a break will do them on harm at all . if they had knocks they should be over them . witch should be an advantage or could be . the lads will be refreshed . and buzzing with the results they have had . upwards and onwards