• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

NL player of the month March 2017

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Thoroughly deserved Jay Harris.
Absolute trojan in recent weeks.
No sulking when he lost his place through selection, as opposed to form, a while back and a never say die attitude that must be rubbing off on the others.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agreed. I am really glad what he's done has had recognition outside the club.

But he'll get some stick from the home fans tomorrow - as will CJ.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Harris has been excellent in recent months, but he is not the only player to have improved significantly since Mellon arrived. The performances of players who were mediocre under Brabin - Ihiekwe, Ridehalgh, Maynard - have all improved greatly.

In the case of Harris, I think Wallace's arrival encouraged him to up his game, but Mellon's man-management has clearly helped all the players I have mentioned.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wasn't entirely sure about Harris, but his performances have been impressive recently. Maynard, to be fair was playing quite well under Brabin, though he kept getting shifted around a lot.
Hopefully Micky is sending the message to Wallace that if he wants to get back in the side he'll have to play as well as these guys.