New signing

8 Sep 2009
Player
Chris Greenacre
Erico Sousa signs until the end of the season. A Portuguese born 22 year old winger recently on the books of Accrington where he couldn't play due to registration issues.

Mickey knows him from his time at Barnsley and says he's a pacey wide man.

30 Jun 2008
Good news! Let us hope he has an impact like Tollett! I assume the registration issues do not apply in the NL.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Player
Iain Hume
Interesting signing. Pace is the one thing currently lacking in the available players and it could act as a spur to our promotion push.

8 Sep 2009
Player
Chris Greenacre
He looks quick, has a trick up his sleeve and links well with other players. Potentially an exciting signing.

Although not sure what level he is up against in the video! Is this from his time in the Slovenian league?!

8 Sep 2009
Player
Chris Greenacre
Aaron Collins signs from Wolves on loan until the end of the season.

Let's hope he has a similar impact to another Welsh striker we signed from Wolves a few years back.

1 Oct 2005
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sousa should be entertaining, if he's allowed to play his natural game - by Micky and the opposition! Collins clearly is here to get some good first-team experience. Micky's article today is good reading, especially the bit about how hard he worked to find and sign these two. It explains why we've had to wait so long.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Player
Iain Hume
Collins another player with pace and FL experience, though with 5 fit strikers counting Connor J already on the books, a bit surprising. Central midfield is the area I thought we'd have strengthened in, maybe nobody on offer there.

Ian

Super White!
21 Sep 2005
Player
Aldo
While we do have an abundance of strikers, they aren't doing the business apart from Cook. Norwood and Mangan not scoring. Stockton too inconsistent, Jennings seems preferred in midfield so I think it's a good move. We've got to keep banging them in like we did on Tues night and we can't rely on Harris getting a hattrick every week.

30 Jun 2008
Signing the seemingly promising Collins must put the other strikers on notice. As was said above we need to score more goals. Jake Cassidy was from Wolves?

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Player
Iain Hume
With Maynard and Wallace returning from injury, we don't need another central midfielder.
Never been made clear exactly when Maynard is likely to return, sometime next month? I've my doubts that the returning Wallace will be any fitter than the one who was lucky to keep his place after some indifferent performances. Steve Jennings presumably still out injured. While the Harris Hughes combo is decent enough Jay always seems to sail close to the wind on disciplinary issues and can't rule out him getting sent off. I haven't seen Jeff Hughes in action recently but there have been suggestions that he's looked jaded. 4 strikers isn't enough but 2 fit central midfielders is?

5 Dec 2015
Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Yes, drwhoman, a la Sparky's earlier post.
We really haven't had much success with loan strikers over the last couple of seasons.
If he chips in with one solitary goal that beats FGR then he's done his job!
See Dunn could be out for rest of season. Unbelievable

15 Mar 2010
Player
Jason Koumas
Never been made clear exactly when Maynard is likely to return, sometime next month? I've my doubts that the returning Wallace will be any fitter than the one who was lucky to keep his place after some indifferent performances. Steve Jennings presumably still out injured. While the Harris Hughes combo is decent enough Jay always seems to sail close to the wind on disciplinary issues and can't rule out him getting sent off. I haven't seen Jeff Hughes in action recently but there have been suggestions that he's looked jaded. 4 strikers isn't enough but 2 fit central midfielders is?
Wallace is available for Saturday, Maynard for next week. That is five available central midfielders, six if you count Connor Jennings.

With resources scarce, we can't afford to stockpile players where we don't need them. Our recent problem has been a lack of pace and width, something MM has hopefully addressed with the new signings.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Player
Iain Hume
Are we not stockpiling strikers though? Don't think I'd class Connor Jennings as a central midfielder.