• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Nandi back to Chesterfield

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
Looks like Nando has been recalled by Chesterfield. Bit gutted because he looked like one of the only ones capable of putting the ball in the back of the net. I hope Micky can work quickly to find a decent replacement!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30086233

I have mentioned it in a previous thread, (and I know Micky has a book full of contacts for potential signings) but if the opportunity was there then I would like to see Diego De Girolamo in. Sheff Utd have a few injuries in the striker department so we might be a struggle to get him in within the next week or two, but if he fails to impress at Utd, he has proven ability to score goals in league two (three goals in four games for York). Still young so would constitute a "Youth Loan" as well.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
hit and miss player to me hopefully Cole will be back for Saturday but wouldn't be surprised if we brought another loanee in

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think this is a blow as Nando is much better than Odejayi, and Stockton is not likely to be fully match fit for a few weeks yet. I also thought Nando had a good partnership with Johnson and they complemented each other well.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Really sorry to hear this. I thought we might somehow hold onto him until January and with such a promising partnership developing with Johnson had a couple of wins under our belt by then.

He was only a young guy with a lot to learn but with such pace for a big man and good control he was a real threat. However to be positive; perhaps with good loan players they always leave a hole when recalled so build on our own players sooner rather than later and hope Cole will come good now that he won't have to play the lone striker and we are getting forward in numbers.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Certainly provided a different option with his pace and strength, although the two cup games we won were without Nando in the team. I agree with Brightonian's point that it's much better to develop our own players, where possible and hope that Cole can show some of that early season promise when he's fit enough to return.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Even if it's a game too early, this is the really annoying part of loan signings. Someone half decent leaves and then you're back to square one. I do agree about developing our own players, but I think in this situation, we don't have the time. We just need players that can stick the ball in the back of the net.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
I do agree about developing our own players, but I think in this situation, we don't have the time. We just need players that can stick the ball in the back of the net.

I agree, I think we need a proven goal scorer to get us out of the mess, rather than looking to developing someone who might come good in 10 games or so. I think we have a decent caliber of youth players that can (and i'm sure will) thrive as this level, but at the moment it is all about getting points on the board. Interesting to see who Micky pulls out the bag!

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Of course all of us would welcome with open arms a loan striker with a proven record who would bang them in starting this Saturday. However they are like gold dust to find and nearly every team think they need more up front.

We have had some real 'duds' on loan over the past year or two who we have to play half a dozen games or more before we confirm what we suspected. Let's all hope that Mickey's contact book will pull out a real gem! Even better if Cole Stockton who has already shown at times that can do the business also blossoms.

Player
Backayogo
Don't hold your horses about Cole Stockton blossoming. How long are we to wait before he does, if at all?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Don't hold your horses about Cole Stockton blossoming. How long are we to wait before he does, if at all?
We have seriously missed Cole since his injury. He's still our joint leading scorer! If Micky has a good loanee in mind (although I doubt he could get one at this stage) then fine, but if not I'd play Odejayi up front with Johnson and look to bring on Cole in the second half. Odejayi did quite well at Luton and was unlucky not to get an equaliser. While he's confident, I'd play him to see what he can do.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Before Nando went back to Chesterfield I believed we could get something out of this game but now I'm not so sure. Johnson tries hard but definitely needs support up front. Odejayi, despite his effort at Luton, has monumentally failed to impress in my opinion. Qne goal in over 700 minutes on the pitch in all competitions this season does not inspire at all. I cannot see Cole being match fit for Saturday, so I'm hoping Mickey can weave his magic and get someone in on loan.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

hes not exactly had a regular run of games to properly judge him though and hes still a young lad and can easily improve.
lxtwqpk.png

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Odejayi has been reasonable in the odd cameo appearance as a substitute this season, but has been consistently dreadful over ninety minutes. I agree with Mart that it is too early to judge whether Cole will make it, but the problem is we need someone to score goals immediately and he does not guarantee a goals return yet.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Odejayi is your classic support man up front. Will hold the ball up and try and play people in. He has no goals in him at all. You need a real good poacher beside him. Back to reality... Like RLC says, just someone that can stick it in the net. Good luck Micky!