• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

McNulty interview

M

Mal

At Lairds, he looke a lot fitter than last season. 'Big boned' but looks to have gotinto shape.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting Mal. I thought he looked pretty much the same as he always does against Liverpool. Maybe he had a different size shirt on!

M

Mal

Interesting Mal. I thought he looked pretty much the same as he always does against Liverpool. Maybe he had a different size shirt on!
Maybe he was wearing a girdle lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
An interesting, frank and informative article. A touch of realism without excuses. He's a key man whose influence on and off the field is important.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting that he said the days of running miles and miles are gone and its a bit more tailored now with all these GPS trackers. Surely they expect more running from the likes of Norwood compared to Big Steve.

M

Mal

Interesting that he said the days of running miles and miles are gone and its a bit more tailored now with all these GPS trackers. Surely they expect more running from the likes of Norwood compared to Big Steve.
Everyone will have a target. Plus it also measures fitness levels such as heart rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
An honest interview, though unsure that there was much new or surprising contained therein.

I would hope the sports science stuff is finely tuned. The test of a good striker is more about being in the right place at the right time rather than the amount of running around they do. No idea what the reality is, but from the outside, I wouldn't have a vast gulf in expectations between a defender and forward.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it depends more on the style of the individual player, and their particular role, rather than the position they play.

More running would be expected of Norwood and Alabi than Cook, for example.

Player
aldo
Wouldn't it make sense to bring in a attacker coach. Even 1 day a week . Imagine if aldo worked with norwood an got him scoring the dredged 1 on 1s . To me it makes sense

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Possibly, but I think that kind of thing is simply instinct and ability. You either have it or you don't. It's definitely Norwoods Achilles heel.

Aldo just knew where the goal was without running flat out for 90 minutes.

Player
aldo
Still think if we could get someone in would be good . Was talking to wayne allison the other week .would be class to see the chief back