• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Matthias Fanimo

frenchrover

Player
aldo
According to todays edition of The Brentwood Gazette -

"WEST Ham United youngster Matthias Fanimo looks set to join League Two Tranmere Rovers on loan.

The 20-year-old midfielder has been dubbed the fastest the player in football, matching Antonia Valencia and quicker than Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Fanimo has made three appearances for West Ham, all in cup games, and has represented England at U16, U17 and U18 levels."

Read more: http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/W...ory-22911186-detail/story.html?#ixzz3D09wY8Hd

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes its on the o/s site now - he joins on a youth loan deal.

Seems a good prospect and a clip on the website of him scoring 4 quality goals albeit in a youth/reserve game. Should give us some much needed pace in the side and more attacking options.

Player
Backayogo
Good, however will he be left on the bench and come on for 10 mins under the pretence "he's young and still learning his trade" like previous loanees.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
He looks a good player and is obviously a left footer from the video clips, so he will give us a much needed option down the left hand side. Interestingly, he was playing alongside Ravel Morrison in that reserve / youth game.

With the recent squad additions, Rob has an embarrassment of riches by our recent standards.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hopefully be a good signing, have plenty of options in midfield/attack still look weak at the back for me

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd agree with the general optimism about this loan deal. While I doubt he'll start first game, if he demonstrates fitness in training RE will certainly give him a proper opportunity.

Now for a defensive midfielder...

Player
Goodison
We are short on the left wing so this will hopefully plug that gap, but we really need an imposing centre back and imposing central midfielder.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It must say something for our reputation when West Ham will trust us with such a prized asset. I hope he lasts longer than Kris Petersen and Matthew Kennedy, who were both recalled very quickly.

Clearly RE recognises the need for a left-sided winger, now that Bruna has gone. I think we are getting there with the balance of the squad.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Fanimo proves Tranmere Rovers manager wrong
Posted by Sean Whetstone on October 8, 2014 in Whispers
Nick Haycock’s Development team beat Peterborough United 4-2 in a friendly match at Nene Park Academy on Tuesday afternoon.

Matthias Fanimo, who recently returned after a failed loan spell with Tranmere Rovers scored two goals proving Tranmere manager Rob Edwards was wrong to keep him on the bench for the majority of his loan. The short term loan which could of been extended by another 60 days was cancelled after Fanimo failed to get enough game time at the League 2 outfit after featuring for just 10 minutes over the 30 period.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In fairness, we still don't know the decision to send him back was wrong as (a) League Two is very different to West Ham's development team and (b) we have no idea what his attitude and performances were like in training. Whatever I may think of some of his other decisions, I am not sure Edwards would cut his nose off to spite his face by getting rid of someone who was going to transform our season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He was brought in as we had nobody to play left wing, RE then said he was brought in just as cover then said he wasn't fit..................

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Still a bit odd to get in someone then never use him. We'll never know if he was up to it or not as we only got 10 minutes! I'm sure I read somewhere that RE said he wasn't up to it physically. Could be wrong though.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would back Rob on this. However, it doesn't look good if we try to sign another promising youngster from a Premiership club. Rovers' record on this has been poor recently.