• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Matchday Programme

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This has declined to the extent that I am no longer prepared to buy it. While the % of adverts has increased, my main gripe is that the stats page showing players, subs, cards, refs has gone. They still managed half a page for the match-day music playlist; warped priorities. I've e-mailed the club expressing my dis-satisfaction, will advise any response.

At a tangent, I'm surprised that we've gone back to playing Forever in Blue Jeans at the end of games. Football fans are superstitious and that tune in my mind associates with top of L1 to failing to even make the play-offs. Bring back Local Hero...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree completely Boz. In the space of a couple of years it has gone from being one of the best programmes at this level, to one of the most mediocre. The adverts / commercial content is ridiculous and there are hardly any historical / statistical articles of note, just generic stuff regarding the manager and players which is available on social media anyway. Even the programme review page seems to have disappeared.

I understand that the programme was trimmed as part of the cost-cutting exercise in the summer, but there is a sloppiness about the whole production now. And the price remained the same. It does not befit a club of our status. Wrexham's is much better.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I always bought a programme when was a boy with little money. But nowadays I hardly ever buy one. They are generally a waste of money. The useful or interesting content is minimal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Same here BBTC. The odd few programmes I’ve bought over the years have been rubbish for reasons mentioned above.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see the EFL are debating whether to allow clubs not to produce them for every game. I attend mostly away games and rarely buy. Personally I find them self-indulgent and poor value. I would buy a cheaper, more basic, less glossy version. What do you all think?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I thought that was interesting. If you look around the ground see if you can spot how many people actually have bought a programme.

These days of social media, Internet etc there’s nothing in a programme thats really of use any more. I used to buy them for old times sake and to collect but that stopped when the quality went downhill and we ended up in the nationwide league !

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would be gutted if programmes were scrapped, as I still collect them. I don't actually agree that the content is generally poor. A lot of clubs at this level produce really good programmes given their lack of resources (Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and Wrexham among others), although ours has been dreadful this season. There is a difference between a well written article and snippets of news fired out via Twitter.

However, if clubs are losing money on them this decision was probably inevitable.