• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Martin Allen

B

Banana Army

... has resigned.

He has been Linked to us as well. I dont know about you but i think that would possibley be the best possible person for the job. Not a used to be and not a nebie. Perfect!

Allen on BBC

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ahh, yet another name!
Here we go then.

allen9ty.jpg

Decent record having won 44% of total games. But, he's only a fairly new manager having only managed 124 games in total. He's done very well at Brentford to be fair taking them to 3rd!

All seems very shady at the moment though. Allen seemingly walking out on them and the club saying Allen still has 12 months left on his contract. These days, contracts dont mean a thing and I guess he's gone.

Lots of Brentford fans certainly hold him in high regard in the 2 years he's been at the Bee's, I wonder if this really is the next Tranmere manager?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There's a actually a very strong possibilty that this is the man to take the PP hot seat! Come on Tranmere, an announcement today would be very welcome indeed..

M

Matthew The Rover

According to Brenford, he hasn't actually left them.

C

championship_here_we_come

it is in virtually every paper today:

mirror - link
bbc sport - link 2nd Paragraph
sky sports - link 2nd last paragraph

Daily Post Says "Martin Allen is on the verge of becoming manager of tranmere rovers. He resigned as Bees` manager yesterday and has been in talks with the prenton park club over replacing Brian Little"
Daily Mail -
"Allen has stunned Brentford fans by joining lowly Tranmere" and "...Allen has opted for a quieter life in Birkenhead."

also been talked baout on Radio City and Talksport Radio

Player
Morrisey
I would love this to come true!

I think that he will have left because the poor financial state of the club meant that the board required players to be got rid of. That is only an assumption, but I cannot see any other reason why he would leave them!

C

yes superwhitearmy apparently he has left due to the poor financial state of brentford. which means if he does come heer PJ is now putting money back into the club as i would say we are worse of than brentford financially and surly if he left them becuase of finance issues that must mean to join us we must have some money available for him to spend

B

Banana Army

championship_here_we_come said:
yes superwhitearmy apparently he has left due to the poor financial state of brentford. which means if he does come heer PJ is now putting money back into the club as i would say we are worse of than brentford financially and surly if he left them becuase of finance issues that must mean to join us we must have some money available for him to spend

No Brentford are far worse off. Thats why the job hes done there has been so good. In 2 1/2 seasons he saved them from relegation with youth players and then took them to 2 consecutive play off places with no money at all.

The reason i think he would be so good for the job, is that he has a proven track record working with younbgsters. We always brag about our outh academy, so surely he is the man to take, brown, jenno, davies, james etc. to the next stage, and for us to put a decent side together?

DixieDean

I just can't see it happening.

I think you get a young journo sitting there, hearing Martin Allen has resigned and then he just finds the first club he can that doesn't have a manager... and a rumour is born.

The only way he'd come here is if PJ has decided to start spending his money again and if PJ has decided to do that, surely he'd have found himself a high profile manager by now: Holloway, Reid, Keagan, Souness, Wlkinson etc etc

But I reckon if you found the very first 'source' of this rumour, that person couldn't provide any proof of contact between club and manager.

C

DixieDean said:
But I reckon if you found the very first 'source' of this rumour, that person couldn't provide any proof of contact between club and manager.

i very first source was bbc radio london

DixieDean

championship_here_we_come said:
very first source was bbc radio london

and i bet you couldn't find anyone there who would admit to knowing any truth behind the rumour.

S

Seanyb

DixieDean said:
I just can't see it happening.

I think you get a young journo sitting there, hearing Martin Allen has resigned and then he just finds the first club he can that doesn't have a manager... and a rumour is born.

The only way he'd come here is if PJ has decided to start spending his money again and if PJ has decided to do that, surely he'd have found himself a high profile manager by now: Holloway, Reid, Keagan, Souness, Wlkinson etc etc

Its nothing to do with the lads on here. They have found three different sources for this rumour, which are here:

mirror - link
bbc sport - link 2nd Paragraph
sky sports - link 2nd last paragraph

I would love martin allen to come to pp. A good choice i think.

B

Banana Army

I think DD was meaning some aspiring journo at BBC for example, put 2 and 2 together, not someone on here.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The club have confirmed they have a shortlist of just three now. Apparently things are taking a bit longer than planned due to two of the possibles being contracted (Allen could be one of these). The other possible is not under contract. The board have contacted the two managers clubs but do not expect to make an announcement for another couple of days now. Possibly Friday? The board have said the deadline for season ticket offers will now be two days after an appointment is made which suggests the club believe fans will be pleased at the appointment. The club also said they are very pleased with the quality of the three managers on the shortlist. I really hope its Allen and I heard that when he spoke to us Johnson told him that he would have £1 million to spend? Don't know where that has come from unless PJ is dipping into his pocket? This all sounds very positive... I hope it all goes to plan!!

Player
Morrisey
I am sure Pj is dipping in to his pocket! I reckon he has seen us going know where for too long now and is now putting money into the club! That will be why his name has been brought up again! I am optimistic about the club now! :-D

B

Banana Army

Joe_TRFC said:
I really hope its Allen and I heard that when he spoke to us Johnson told him that he would have £1 million to spend?

I think you're dreaming a tad there!

Sorry but I agree, PJ putting his hand in his pocket for little 'ole Tranmere :-D cant see it....

Why would he start dishing out the money now? For what good reason? Either way the board had better get a move on, time is ebbing away.

Someone with a bit of energy and 'tic tacs' would do us wonders against BL's lethargy and negative/defensive play. #-o

HURRY UP I'M GETTING BORED!!!!!!!! :???:

DixieDean

Banana Army said:
I think DD was meaning some aspiring journo at BBC for example, put 2 and 2 together, not someone on here.

Yes, thanks BA... I don't think they quite understood what I meant by 'journo'.

JOURNALIST!=D> =D>

It only takes 1 JOURNO #-o to start a rumour and before you know it, all media sources are reporting the same thing. It happens all the time.