• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Macclesfield

drwhoman

Dare I say it but you have to feel sorry for Macc. Second bottom and belted 8-0 by West Ham. Just demonstrates how much they overachieved last season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That was some defeat ! Could be very long season for them.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
And Askey's not pulling up any trees at Shrews either.
You can just see the writing on the wall if Maccs are still looking for a win when they come here!

Player
aldo
lets just hope they have the same manager . knowing us they will sack him the few days b4 then they will get a stuffy 1-0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't dislike Macc, even though their title celebrations weren't very classy. They haven't adequately replaced departing players, their chairman seems a bit iffy and even at this stage of the season, don't rate their prospects of staying up. However, they're still capable of taking points off us...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with Boz, aside from his final comment. They seem to have been shafted by their Chairman, who undermined Askey and allowed key players to leave.

I think with Askey in charge and the core of their title winning squad, they could have survived this season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Their best hope is for Shrewsbury to sack Askey and Macclesfield to reinstate him. But this needs to happen soon so they can get more players in during the next transfer window. However, after what happened, would Askey or any decent manager want the job?

Player
aldo
hope the boys play there celabratory video in the dressing room b4 the game mm wont have to say a word . if that cant motivate the players then nothing will..... im not that botherd abt them if they stay up great if not then im not to botherd its us i care abt . . see cook is getting some stick again seems there fans havent taken to him that well . wouldnt it be great if he came back although i cant see it .

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Mark Yates has gone. Hopefully this doesn't have a positive effect on their players for Friday!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Mark Yates has gone. Hopefully this doesn't have a positive effect on their players for Friday!
Ohh, that's never a good thing just before we play them.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
From BBC: "The Silkmen are on the brink of equalling an all-time English league record for consecutive games without a victory - although their winless run spans seven years, dating back to when they were relegated in 2012.
Their barren sequence currently stands at 35 matches, which is just one short of Derby's winless run of 36 games between September 2007 and August 2008."
Well that pretty much guarantees us a defeat on Friday!