• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

lord norwood

Player
ian goodison
steward in the jk stand says Fleetwood very interested in Norwood hopefully just a rumour

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have offered him as much as we can afford. There is not much more we can do, and if a top League One / Championship club came in for him, would it be right to stand in his way anyway ?

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Couldn't begrudge him a move if it came about, He has given everything for the club, and it could potentially be a life changing move for him at his age. I remember having a chat with him after he scored a really late winner at Bromley when we were struggling in the conference, and he said he loves every moment he is on the pitch, and will try his hardest wherever he is asked to play. Absolute legend, and as much as i want him to stay, I would wish him all the best if he moved on.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’d like Norwood to stay, who wouldn’t, but it’s looking likely he’ll move on. Think he could make a better career choice than moving to Fleetwood though.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If he does go, I would guess it will be to someone like Sunderland or Wigan rather than Fleetwood.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I hope he stays but sadly think he will leave at the end of the season

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He should have a host of clubs after him so can’t see him staying. I’ll be gutted when he goes.

Player
aldo
of all the recent players to come from the non lg he has been the most impresive . look at miller he ant done eneything since leaving dover padrig almond . i think thats his name he to has not done mutch even cookie in lg 1 has only got 7/8 in all comps . so well done the lord

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agree with the above and would wish him luck, but Championship may be a step to far. Hope he plays for us next season in League One. Also, he should talk to Cook. Not easy to settle in at a new club in a higher division.

Player
aldo
lets just hope they forget about him or get drunk the day b4 the window opens. then we keep him lol

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Nors and Jamie Bullard on Soccer AM tomorrow.
Should be good.
Hope Lords is a tit and wipes a few grand off his price.
Can't see that happening though!

Player
aldo
you can see why the lord is scoring loads if he helps to set drills like that . Bullard was shatterd looks a horrible drill but if it works then so be it .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
From the echo today

Set to expire in the summer, Norwood’s contract is a cause for concern. Indeed, a January exit could well be on the cards.
The forward admits he too is unsure of what the future holds, though stated: “I want to be a part of something special at this club.”
“I’m not too sure”, said Norwood in reference to his contract conundrum.
“It’s November. I love the club, love the lads, love playing for the gaffer. My head’s here. I’m here until the end of the season, and I just want to be a part of something at this club.”
The Super White Army have already witnessed one goal machine recently depart, in the form of Andy Cook, and will be hoping their current talisman doesn’t follow suit.

JS149529988.jpg

Andy Cook salutes the fans after scoring Tranmere's first goal (Image: Tony Coombes/Tranmere Rovers FC)
Norwood, who formed such a prolific partnership with the now Walsall man, was forced to readjust upon his exit, though, backed his former teammate’s move, claiming Cook’s desire to further develop was not something to be frowned upon.
“I don’t begrudge him anything; he’s gone to play League One football. If you do well, you move, and that’s all the way to the top level.
“People want to play at the highest level they can. And he came in, got us promotion and scored in the final— why have negative feelings about that? I just wish him all the best, and I hope he scores goals in League One and moves again”, concluded Norwood.

Player
aldo
get it bloody sorted he wants to stay he loves everthing about the club be crazy not to get the lad sorted

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He’s just waiting for a decent offer now . More money and to play at a higher level. You can’t blame him..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree Ian. The only way we could ever keep him would be if we went up and offered him a bumper 3 year deal but let’s face it, it’s likely he’ll be off and as you say, you can’t blame him. The next contact he gets could be the best one he ever gets

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
https://the72.co.uk/120615/sheffield-wednesday-interested-tranmere-rovers-striker/

From open source - it says Nors may be attracting the attention of Championship club Sheff Wednesday. I think they'll be linked with a fair few players in the build-up to January and their need to sign players to keep them in the division (6 points off relelgation). It'll be a great move for him though, playing in front of 25,000 each week and at 28 it's now or never to get a shot at playing at that level.

His attitude and playing style reminds me of Jamie Vardy, and there's nothing saying he can't score goals in the Championship either! Lucas Joao tops the Owls scoring charts with 8 goals this campaign and the next top is Stephen Fletcher with 3. Hardly prolific and it would only take a run in the team and a few goals to keep Nors confidence up.

I wouldn't begrudge him any move after what he's done for us. I just hope he commands a decent fee!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah. It’ll be a sad day when he leaves.