• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

lord norwood

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's not known if Norwood has been offered a contract extension, soundings may have taken place over summer, but he's clearly in a stronger position now, having proved that he can score at L2 level. While Norwood has clearly developed a bond with the club/fans, he also has made it clear that he is ambitious. Given the club's apparent cash flow difficulties, if we cannot strengthen to the extent of being a strong contender for promotion this season then a difficult call as to whether to take the money offered for him or let his contract run down. Cook's situation was different in that we had to keep him to go up, Micky not recognising his value to the club until relations between them had broken down and he was never going to sign a new contract.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As strange as it might sound, I think Norwood is our most improved player this season. His big weakness in the National League was his conversion rate, and he often needed 6-8 chances in a game to score. This season completely the opposite is true. On Saturday he had one, very difficult chance, and scored. The same was true at Swindon a couple of weeks ago. His one-on-one miss against Port Vale is very much the exception now and his shots to goals ratio must be one of the best in all four divisions.

I think several of our players have really upped their game at this level, but Norwood is the best example. His composure and speed of thought in the eighteen yard box has improved massively. I have read some criticism of him recently because he is not as visible in games and does not run defenders ragged like he did in the NL, but that was never going to happen at this level against good defenders and well organised teams. You could also argue he did not always expend energy wisely when he was playing at a lower level. He has had to adapt his game in the Football League, and has become a much better player.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
well if thats what they are doing its crazy the guy is on fire prob the best form of his life . other teams are gonna be sniffing around . remember when mp and np took over they said we would have to sell players to make the club break even . letting cookies contract run down was bad letting Noorwoods do the same would be dam rright stupid. the fans love him he loves the club give the man what he deserves . / oh it would be great if some of the other players could chip in and help by scoring some aswell ta

Cook's contract was not left to run down, we offered him a new contract after we got promoted he turned it down for more money and higher level of football.

Reactions: Mal

drwhoman

Interesting point RLC. I did not realise, until I read the Jones book, that he was largely used as a left sided midfield player by FGR. The fact that he wanted to play up front was a reason he joined Rovers.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I think it’s probably safe to assume that Nors has become more game savvy as a result of MM who as I’ve said previously I feel is coming into his own now back in the EFL where there is less unpredictability. Of course we’ll be doing all we can to sign/retain Nors asap, I’m pretty sure MP is on the ball with this but hardly likely to shout it from the rooftops!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Nors really is all over the media at the moment. He's got some decent stats hasn't he?
If ever there was a suggestion he was merely Cookie's sidekick then he's well dispelled that.
Has he thrived in the absence of Cookie? Undoubtedly in my view.
Off field he's no prima donna, always available and has time for the fans.
The man is a diamond.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
more publicity means more interest in him. At 28 he’s at his peak and his next contract wherever he signs will need to be a decent one as he’ll have plenty of options.

Player
aldo
Love the lord an amazing player with superb stats for tranmere games played 133 all comps goals scored 65 or a goal every 2 games career 278 goals 117. For us he has been amazing. And when you think of all the one on ones he has missed . Fabulous player now lets hope mulin and cole can keep banging them in

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
more publicity means more interest in him. At 28 he’s at his peak and his next contract wherever he signs will need to be a decent one as he’ll have plenty of options.

Yep, undoubtedly.
Prepare for the worst I suppose.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Just sat in the Malmaison in Liverpool on my lunch break & the Lord himself has just wandered in to meet his mates :D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope you bowed! :D

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Ian, you know when you do a double take! I saw him pass the window & thought jeez he doesn’t half look like Nors then he sauntered into the empty bar area except for me & his mates, he was dressed in a grey trackie & flip flops. Still questioning whether it was him for sure until I heard him speak, instantly recognised the voice & he started talking about the recent games. Sadly there was some work going on in the lobby so I only caught bits of conversation but he had his mates in stitches, lol.

Reactions: Ian
M

Mal

The image I remember is the picture of him in mid air looking like he was performing in Swan Lake as he directed the ball down to the left of the goal.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Haha, I’m the least observant person & have no facial recognition skills yet bizarrely whilst reading the latest on here something drew me to his attention to look up before he’d even come in. Ironically, I think it was his casual demeanour & lack of walking pace that stood out, a bit of a swagger & why not, lol.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
So, a fella in the crowd at Morecambe today told me that the Lord is going to Sheff U for £1m in January. Any truth in this?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
So, a fella in the crowd at Morecambe today told me that the Lord is going to Sheff U for £1m in January. Any truth in this?

Fair play to him if it is true as they are top of the championship, but I would be very surprised if it is true

drwhoman

I see the Skysports L2 team of the season so far does not include the Lord. Bizarre! Strikers are Stockley of Exeter and Palmer of Crawley.