• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League 2 aspirations

How will Tranmere fare in League 2 in 2018/19?

• Champions

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Automatic Promotion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play-offs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mid-table

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Relegation fight

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks RLC. I used to sign up for Player World a few years ago when I couldn’t get to away matches for the commentary. Things seem to have changed now though so not sure if it’s worth subscribing to something else.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Thanks RLC. I used to sign up for Player World a few years ago when I couldn’t get to away matches for the commentary. Things seem to have changed now though so not sure if it’s worth subscribing to something else.
I think you will have to sign up for the commentaries, although I don't know who is providing them now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Looks like it's going to be the season pass which works out at £3.75 a month. That will give me commentaries (assuming that will be the old Wirral Radio team) and as an added bonus, full match replays.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Two excellent reads about Micky M.
Forgot we paid so much for him in his first spell. I think he's repaid that now!
If after the first dozen games we find ourselves wallowing in the bottom third rather than the top third I've vowed not to jump on the Micky Out bandwagon.
We're lucky to have chairman with a bit of nouse who knows when to fire the bullet (Brabin) and when to sit tight as he did with Micky.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...g-new-life-tranmere-rovers-league-two-return/

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...-managers-no-22-micky-mellon-tranmere-rovers/

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Alternatively, I could use a VPN and watch most of the games live for about a fiver..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree totally CK. Micky does have a very good CV. You forget that he was harshly sacked by Fleetwood in league 2 when they were 4th at Xmas, the first season they had after winning the conference

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree totally CK. Micky does have a very good CV. You forget that he was harshly sacked by Fleetwood in league 2 when they were 4th at Xmas, the first season they had after winning the conference
Yes, I just hope he gets the benefit of the doubt if we start slowly.

There is a long interview with James Norwood on the link below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06d17cc

Player
aldo
Im not to happy if i cant get my commentary on the rovers i cant afford to go every game and cant afford a st ticket due to work commitments its crap . Im realy not fkn happy we pay to get into pp and pay for st tickets and then they want to charge £45 a year for subscribing . F×% $€ off greedy rant over

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think we’ve been spoiled in the past with Wirral Radio and then the relic of their commentary team on the club website for free last season. While it would have been preferable for free commentary to continue, it’s clear that funds are tight and so the decision to charge is understandable.

Player
aldo
no its not its greed not every body can pay for the stuff . they make it so hard for the little fans we have . i will not pay it as we have better things to pay for . ,

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It’s all part of being back in the EFL. The website has taken a hit too as it’s not a patch on the previous one.

I do agree with Boz though. We were spoilt in the past as not only could you listen to the game via Tranmere feed but you also had Wirral radio too! Before then it was years of paying for Player World or bouncing around on Merseyside listening out for snippets in between the LFC/EFC games.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Ian has it spot on, part and parcel of being back in the league and we have to conform to their regulations. The main one being iFollow but someone will bound to broadcast it as they'll be aware of the situation.