• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

LDV match

• Thread starter Birkenhead Born and Bred
  • Start date
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Anyone attending the LDV match. I've got my ticket but I reckon no one will go. You cannot complain about the kid for a quid. Isn't that Nottingham Forests idea

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer it is, southend did it to, I knew they were going to do something like this, I still think there will only be about 2,000 there though.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Wouldnt surprise me to see 2000 only in the whole of the ground the way how the team is playing at the mo

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Bolton_hater do you think we can win the LDV? Or are we just sh+t

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
lol :lol:

I think we are capable, but I wan to cos I want to Cardiff and Its Cup and its Money in the bank isn't it, id like to see us go all the way but our minds are set on the league. Probably similar to last year.

R

rockferrywhites

ldv

i agree i think a lot of tranmere fans would like a day out in cardiff. it's not much money but it will help and your on sky.

Player
Morrisey
I remember when we played Brigg town and carlisle in the F.A cup som eyears back and I got in for around a quid or two!

M

Matthew The Rover

I'm going to this because it is Tranmere Rovers FC, I couldn't care how bad the team was playing, I'm going to watch the team I love. However, there will only be a small turn out, as there usually is. Was it 4,000 for Port Vale last year? This year it'll be half that, as you say above. The reasons being we are playing poor and boring football, it is the LDV Vans Trophy and it's some league two team called Lincoln City (no disrespect to them).

Come on, we need as many to go to this game as possible, more so than ever now. Simply because it's a game we should win and winning will get us some prize money and vitally some confidence. Plus I want a trip to the final LDV Vans Trophy final at Cardiff.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer exactly its a day out and cup to win. i'm looking forward to it.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah it would be great to win the LDV... I hope we can do it! I reckon we will still get around 4,000 on tuesday.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Matthew The Rover said:
The reasons being we are playing poor and boring football, it is the LDV Vans Trophy and it's some league two team called Lincoln City (no disrespect to them).

We need to start putting the ball in the back of the net just to remind ourselves how it's done. A win would do our confidence a whole load of good right now, even if it is only against Lincoln :!:

Having said that, we ain't won yet :roll:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I know but one problem is IF we get beat then that will lower our confidence.

M

Matthew The Rover

bolton_hater said:
I know but one problem is IF we get beat then that will lower our confidence.

If we get beaten by Lincoln, no disrespect to them, but that will definatly be the final straw. I said I'd give Little until after the Scunthorpe away game, but if we lose to Lincoln, I will want him sacked, as we will be missing out on valuable money, confidence and most importantly, we'll be losing to lower league opposition.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I agree cos eventhough people say its only the LDV,its still shows hislack of determination if it aint taken seriously and if it is taken seriously and we do get beat then its just embarrasing.

Player
Morrisey
Winning is a habbit and games like Lincoln are there to get our confidence up!! They are also potential banana skins but to be honest we have already slipped up so the banana skin wont take effect.

M

Matthew The Rover

Come on boys! All get down to Prenton Park tomorrow and sing your hearts out for the lads. Price's are cheap and if we can sing for 90 minutes, we can surely sing Rovers through.

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
if we can sing for 90 minutes, we can surely sing Rovers through.

i have a feeling it's going to be 120 minutes of turture :shock:

M

Matthew The Rover

So do I unfortunatly, I have therefore predicted 1-1 and Rovers to lose on penalties on my predictions league. But we can always hope I'm wrong.

SUPER WHITE ARMY

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I'm taking tomorrow serisously, we need to win, were not getting beat by Lincoln!

PLUS I WANNA GOTO CARDIFF!!
The journey starts here.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Shouldn't your tag-line now say 'Football is my hell Prenton Park is my nightmare'?