• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Latics v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rovers travel to Boundary Park buoyed by their midweek victory but depleted by the absence of Robinson and Bell Baggie. With both the first choice wide players unavailable, RM has hinted at a change of formation for this game, but I would expect him to start with McGurk on the left, Thompson on the right in a 4-4-2. However, there is a possibility that Stockton will get the nod ahead of Jervis after his performance at Hartlepool.

Oldham have been their usual inconsistent selves this season, but do have real quality up front with our old friend Jose Baxter and Matt Darbyshire.

The three games I saw at Oldham under Les were among the worst matches I have ever witnessed, so we are certainly due a decent performance at this ground to cheer the 1,500 or so Rovers fans who will travel. Given the absentees I would just about settle for a point to keep us top ahead of the two home games next week.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Any tips on parking guys? I've never been to Oldham before.

Player
Achto
3 choices

The grounds own muddy/stoney field of a car park (get in last to be out 1st)

A bit of wasteland car park just down the road towards the motorway.

Near Maccies, 2 mins from the ground

NOTE:-

Get well wrapped up, its a very open and cold ground. And one of the hightest grounds in England.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
tricky game this will go for a 1 1 draw

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I always go in the club car park next to the ground which, I think, costs four quid.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd settle for a draw. Can be tricky these games.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
scrappy 1-0 the nil is the important bit, as we need to get the clean sheet run going again...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The absences through injury or suspension cut down Ronnie's options significantly,while there won't be many options on the bench. A draw would be a good result for me.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Cheers for the parking advice. Just leaving now.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The certain good news is that some of our nearest rivals will not gain ground on us. All the clubs just below us have games against other promotion contenders. On paper, we have the easiest game.

Status
Not open for further replies.