• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

intresting stats

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

Over their last twenty league games in charge, the record of our last three managers is:

Brian W 6 D 5 L 9
Ray W 7 D 9 L 4
Dave W 4 D 8 L 8

Did you know that Ray got the sack after a run in ten league games when his record was W 1 D 5 L 4. But his run over the previous 20 league games was W 7 D 9 L 4 which is a record vastly superior to Little's current performance! Ray secured 30 points against Brian's 23. Only Dave Watson with 20 points from his last 20 league games fairs worst- but hardly a decent comparitor there!

In fact, Ray's four defeats in a ten match spell which led to his dismissal were the only defeats in a 25 match spell!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should also point out though that Ray did achieve more points that Bri. Little lead us into the play-offs on 79 points, in a weak league. Ray made 80 points, in a tougher league(wigan, crewe, QPR, cardiff), and yet by a freakish set of results ended up 7th.

Brian was also given much more backing than Ray ever was. Ray walked into a total mess, he had to scrape a team together from youth players and loan lads and performed very well, albeit helped by Kelly later on. Brian had a larger wage bill than Ray ever had and was allowed to bring in far more than Ray was permitted to.

If I remember rightly, isn't that 80 points total Ray amassed Rovers highest ever points total for one season, and the 18 game unbeaten run (15 in one season) was, and still is, Rovers best run without a defeat?

C

championship_here_we_come

Matthew The Rover said:
Robbed off rearguard by any chance?

yes but i would rather rob the stuff that post a link to that site full of 12 year old kids who will just try and insult you whenver you post anything

M

Matthew The Rover

I do say they are intresting stats though. I would be telling the truth if I told you Ray's 18 game unbeaten run is still the best at the club ever and the 80 points is a highest point total for Rovers in one season.

However, Lorraine will not sack Brian.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting stats. But I never had great faith in Ray as a manager. He seemed almost too laid back, and now we've got Little! :roll:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
i see what yu mean but I don't think little should go yet.

M

mikeo32

Wait till our injured players are back such as Sharps and Zola, and now davies is back on the bench see if there is any change before accusing brian.

M

Matthew The Rover

mikeo32 said:
Wait till our injured players are back such as Sharps and Zola, and now davies is back on the bench see if there is any change before accusing brian.

Davies would have been on the bench on Saturday, as he was fit, but Little was scared to put him on as we are on a losing streak.

championship_here_we_come said:
Over their last twenty league games in charge, the record of our last three managers is:

Brian W 6 D 5 L 9
Ray W 7 D 9 L 4
Dave W 4 D 8 L 8

Did you know that Ray got the sack after a run in ten league games when his record was W 1 D 5 L 4. But his run over the previous 20 league games was W 7 D 9 L 4 which is a record vastly superior to Little's current performance! Ray secured 30 points against Brian's 23. Only Dave Watson with 20 points from his last 20 league games fairs worst- but hardly a decent comparitor there!

In fact, Ray's four defeats in a ten match spell which led to his dismissal were the only defeats in a 25 match spell!

Should also point out though that Ray did achieve more points that Bri. Little lead us into the play-offs on 79 points, in a weak league. Ray made 80 points, in a tougher league(wigan, crewe, QPR, cardiff), and yet by a freakish set of results ended up 7th.

Brian was also given much more backing than Ray ever was. Ray walked into a total mess, he had to scrape a team together from youth players and loan lads and performed very well, albeit helped by Kelly later on. Brian had a larger wage bill than Ray ever had and was allowed to bring in far more than Ray was permitted to.

If I remember rightly, isn't that 80 points total Ray amassed Rovers highest ever points total for one season, and the 18 game unbeaten run (15 in one season) was, and still is, Rovers best run without a defeat?

another interesting fact. BL is still our manager! booooooooooo :evil:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
and rightfully so, its not a bad fact!