• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

In the wording...

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
In a statement regarding the two new signings from Hull, Ronnie Moore said he wanted to thank the chairman for coming up with the goods. Now he didn't say Lorraine or the chairwoman or the chairperson, or use Brian's favourite 'Ms Rogers'. He said the chairman. Perhaps he's just using 'man' in the non gender-specific way... that is of course perfectly possible. Then again "Lozza" hasn't written a column in the paper/website since the fourth of May, and it has been suggested that Johnson wished to take more of a direct interest in things due to how crucial the managerial appointment was (and perhaps having taken a look at Lorraine's past choices!). Anyway that particular choice of wording just makes me wonder.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I did say on here while interviews where going on that Johnson may be taking more of an interest and putting some money into the club again.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Let’s hope Peter Johnston does decide to invest in Tranmere yet again. I hope there is significant changes at Prenton park as the clubs advertisement is ridiculous. I work in a company and decided that I would speak to tranmere about some sponsorship. It took them 3 days to get back to me and it was a two line answer, I asked a further question and was met with a complete range of quite frankly rubbish replies ( Yet again another 3 days down the line) :twisted: :twisted:

Imagine if it was a Multi Million pound company willing to plough money into Tranmere or even an Investor, do you think they would appreciate the Tranmere commercial setup????? I think not! :roll:

Moving on, I have checked up on the Tranmere financial situation through work and whilst I have not got myself a full copy of the report I did notice Prenton park has several charges against it (CCJ'S), meaning if Prenton Park was sold or Tranmere lost rapid sums of money it would be Bye Bye Tranmere without a doubt. As a fan I obviously hope this doesn’t happen and I want to look forward to next season with a clean slate and perhaps we can get some outside investment and be the force we always threaten to be. :-D

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I wouldn't be surprised if most football clubs will find there are CCJs listed at their address. Think about the amount of staff and players at a club, yes they shouldn't use the club's postal address as contact address for financial things, but - for example - a CH42 postcode is probably better than one from across the water. Not to mention less scrupulous people that exist who would make utterly groundless claims against people who they think might have money, which if ignored can lead to CCJs against a name and address.

And even if a few young or not so young, playing or non-playing staff have run up personal debts using the club's postal address it's not the end of the world, and almost certainly wouldn't affect the financial standing of the club itself.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Very Right, Depending on the size of the debt it can cost around £120 for a debt under £5000 to get to the stage of judgement (before defended) If workers had used the Tranmere address it would render the claim absolute as they couldn’t enforce a judgement (CCJ - County Court Judgement). I was simply making the point that Tranmere have several charging orders against Prenton Park and yes you are right I am sure many clubs do have these, however, our most notable debt is with the allied Irish bank and I am pretty sure it will a sizeable sum and if we did sell prenton park in the future all the aforementioned charges would need to be satisfied thus lowering bank balance further.

That aside, we owe Peter Johnston around £6 Million and if he is willing to lend us more or we could find outside investment it could only strengthen out position right????

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I do wonder if any of the past bad debt is related to the monies that went "missing" (allegedly into Corfe Stone)... the fraud squad were called in at that stage if I remember right, and there usually has to be some evidence of something going on before they'll investigate anything.

Anyhow, back to my original point, Ronnie said that the ChairMAN had backed him.

DixieDean

ask Lorraine what her position is at the club and she'd say "chairman".

sorry to burst your bubble NBDH.....

:whistle:

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Good Point.

A Chairman is merley a position in the business heirarchy. Women or not it is still a Chairman.

Player
Morrisey
more commonly reffered to as a chairperson when a female is in the position I think! I think NBDH has a point. And would lozza let us spend money on a player?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
It was just the tone of it that made me speculate, made me wonder. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, who knows. She's still not written anything for the 'From the top' section since last season, and normally you can't stop her talking about things she knows nothing about. I mean you'd expect her to be talking about the referees at the world cup or something.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Maybe she's saving it up for a big blow out before the season starts NDBH.

I bloody well hope not !!!!!!!!!!!!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Anyhow, back to my original point, Ronnie said that the ChairMAN had backed him.

Just listening back to the interview RM gave after the double signing. He said "chairman" and also said "SHE'LL be doin the wheeling and dealing" on his behalf.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Ahh well I've not put money into the 'world' service, so I've not heard any interviews, only read the tidbits that are released to the press.

Darn it, I was really getting my hopes up too.