• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

How many more points?

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
right, with the break due to the FA cup, we have 20 games left between now and the end of season, so, how many more points do you think we will achieve? (Max of 60 left, obviously)

Im thinking about 40, bringing us to 90 points in total, and surely auto promotion, though as im sure this will depend on who our strikeforce is in 10 days+

DIW

Player
Goodison
Wow. I'm trying to take it one game at a time as I can hardly believe what Ronnie has done here.
I think it is going to be pretty close up there. Can't bring myself to make a prediction for fear of jinxing us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If we get 90 points we will win the league. Too many games to go yet to make a confident prediction.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
50pts at this stage is incredible. Don't want to tempt fate, so anything from this stage on is a bonus.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If we match the points per game ratio of the first 26 games in the remaining 20 we will end up with 88 points, but there are far too many imponderables at this stage to know whether that will happen.

Let's just say we have put ourselves in a great position, and with Palmer tied up for the rest of the season and injured players to return, the future certainly looks bright.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The only prediction I'll make is that we are now safe from relegation!

You can't project forward like that. If you did, where would you start? Our goals scored per game has gone way down in recent months and our average goals conceded is significantly worse too. The team is not as dominating as it was early in the season. We are getting by on scraping narrow wins and I'm not sure how long we'll get away with this. Maybe when Wallace, Gibson and JLAA are fit, we'll find our form again, but I hope Ronnie can get PJ to stump up enough money for a decent goalscorer.

Player
Achto
I see us getting 30 ish points from the last 20 games.
9W , 3D , 8L

and finish around 80/81/82 points.

in the play off at 4th or 5th place in league.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
All depends what happens during january both on and off the pitch. A number of tough games with major holes in the team. I imagine other teams around us will be very busy I see Swindon have signed Martin on loan for another month while we are left woth O Halleron and Cole to lead the line. Cant see a lot of goals there.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure I would differentiate between 'dominating' victories and 'less convincing' victories in the way that BBTC does. I don't think we have 'got away' with anything, we are a good side. A win is a win. Charlton won the league off the back of a load of 1-0 wins last season, and Doncaster have got into second place this season with pretty much the same kind of results. While our goalscoring has fallen away a bit, our defensive record has been excellent in recent weeks, with the exception of Goody's nightmare game at Swindon.

In each of the last ten seasons the team that has been top after 26 games has been automatically promoted. Whether the same applies to us this season who knows, but that fact alone suggests that the points per game ratio in the first half of the season has a massive bearing on that ratio in the second half. To be top after 26 matches you must be a good team.

I do agree that an experienced, proven striker is an urgent priority, particularly as JLAA is unlikely to be fully match fit for several weeks even when he does return.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I suppose getting this far and still being top, nerves start playing a part because we all want promotion, and every week it gets closer.

I wonder if doubts have crept in after the Swindon and most recently, the Derby game. Two 5-0 defeats within a few weeks. Nah.. the Swindon game was a one-off. Happens to everyone.

Wouldn't look into the Derby game either, we rolled over in the end and made it easy for them.

Personally, I think we'll be up there. With Wallace, Bell-Baggie and JLAA to return shortly, I think we'll start seeing a surge in goals again and a real big push to the end of the season.

Player
Goodison
I think if we get ABB, Wallace and JLAA back and keep them fit for the rest of the season, Robinson finds his form again and we sign a replacement for Cassidy we should be in the top 2. So much depends on getting these players fit and making some shrewd signings this month.