• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Glovers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeovil hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in the last couple of years, though the same could be said of Colchester! Ironically, it was the Us who brought the Glovers decent run to an end.

No signs of returning players post-injury, so it will have to be a makeshift side. I would guess Palmer coming in for Corry and Amoo coming into the side either wide, or alongside JLAA; keeping MOH on the left where he did well at Notts.

Prediction. It is a game we're capable of taking something from, but expecting to lose.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have lost Sidibe, Goodison and Robinson, so will have no "old heads" on the pitch and I wonder where the leadership will come from - maybe Ash. On previous occasions when we have fielded a young side, we have struggled. I'd be delighted and amazed if we get anything today. But if we do, then I will really believe we can get back into the top two.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Theres a rumour on another site that sidibe will play, dont know if true or not but be a big boost if true

DIW

Player
Goodison
I'd take a draw. Probable side will be

Fonners
Holmes
Ash
Daniels
Zoum
Ballbag / Palmer
Power
Corry / Palmer
O Halloran / Palmer
Aggro
Stockton

That is not a team that will get you promotion. Defensively we can shut them out but I do wonder where the goals will come from. Stockton not good enough at this level (yet) and the midfield lacks the creativity.

I suppose there are alternatives e.g. Black could play and Zoum pushes forward, or Ronnie decides to play Amoo. Ronnie seems to like O'Halloran - partly I can see why, his wok rate is great and he covers a great deal of ground, but what does he actually do with the ball?

However I didn't fancy us at Brentford, and Colchester for that matter so maybe we'll dig one out.

Edited as I just remembered Palmer is back. Doh!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Theres a rumour on another site that sidibe will play, dont know if true or not but be a big boost if true
Yes, he does. And so does Goodi! DIW's team was spot on except for these two. I'm now a lot more hopeful.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not a bad side really. Goody the old head in, Sidibe and JLAA, we've got a change of nicking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.