• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gillingham (11.2.06)

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Oh dear, coaches leaving a 7:00AM, match to cost around £40 in total if you include food and drink. (£23.50 for coach and mimimum £12 entry for junior).

I might struggle to get down to Prenton Park that early plus funding, might have to look into this one.

M

Matthew The Rover

I don't call myself anything, that would be talking to myself :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
the long journeys are the best! I love them, but not if we lose, southend after welost 3-1 and the coach 6 hours home everyone was deporessed :(

but 6 hours back form bournemouth after we won 5-1 :lol:
ah well, looking forward to gillingham,, the travelling doesnt scare me.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I'll be there. I wouldnt miss it for the world I love the long journeys and money isnt the issue.

M

Matthew The Rover

The journey doesn't worry me either. Money does as I can't legally get a proper job :cry: I should be there though

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Aged up to (and including) 13 years old you can be employed in certain types of job:

- sport, advertising, modelling, plays, films, television or other entertainment (employer requires special licence)
- odd jobs for a parent, relative or neighbour
- babysitting
- others covered in local by-laws (typical examples, paper round or milk round)

14-16 you can do pretty much any job provided it's one that is classed as 'light' work, so working in a coal-mine or factory is out. So too is working in a pub or bar as you're not allowed to work past 10pm. You're also not allowed do any job that is likely to be harmful to your safety, health, development, or that will affect your attendance at school.

So if you're over 14 you could work in an office, you could work as a shop assistant, you could work in catering (but not in the kitchen), you could work in a hotel, in fact you can do pretty much anything so long as it doesn't interfere with school hours, specifically not more that 2 hours work on a school day. Leaving the weekends and school holidays as your big earning times.

And you're lucky in that the law protects your breaks, 13-16 year olds get a one hour break every four hours and the most they can work is 8 hours a day (5 hours if under 15). We adults don't get that.

16-18 you're then entitled to the 'minimum wage' and as a 'young worker' you can do pretty much anything, even join the Army if a parent or guardian agrees to it, and there can't be many professions as hazardous as one where you're paid to be shot at.

A

AndyRoo16

thats lovley....
job or no job the price is outrageous!!! :evil:

B

Banana Army

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Aged up to (and including) 13 years old you can be employed in certain types of job:

- sport, advertising, modelling, plays, films, television or other entertainment (employer requires special licence)
- odd jobs for a parent, relative or neighbour
- babysitting
- others covered in local by-laws (typical examples, paper round or milk round)

14-16 you can do pretty much any job provided it's one that is classed as 'light' work, so working in a coal-mine or factory is out. So too is working in a pub or bar as you're not allowed to work past 10pm. You're also not allowed do any job that is likely to be harmful to your safety, health, development, or that will affect your attendance at school.

So if you're over 14 you could work in an office, you could work as a shop assistant, you could work in catering (but not in the kitchen), you could work in a hotel, in fact you can do pretty much anything so long as it doesn't interfere with school hours, specifically not more that 2 hours work on a school day. Leaving the weekends and school holidays as your big earning times.

And you're lucky in that the law protects your breaks, 13-16 year olds get a one hour break every four hours and the most they can work is 8 hours a day (5 hours if under 15). We adults don't get that.

16-18 you're then entitled to the 'minimum wage' and as a 'young worker' you can do pretty much anything, even join the Army if a parent or guardian agrees to it, and there can't be many professions as hazardous as one where you're paid to be shot at.

Hahaha that is quality. Surely post of the year (and last year)

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
haha what a post!

well thers your answer matt :D

A

AndyRoo16

ye what a post...
NBDH i am contemplating joining the army i was wondering if you could give me any advice and inform me of any possible options available?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
But... because I never want to be accused of being un-helpful, if you're serious, get yourself down to the recruitment office and ask your questions to the people who know:

Army Careers Information Office Birkenhead
12 Oxton Road
Birkenhead
CH41 2QJ

Or, visit their website - http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/

(And now I have to tell myself off for going so far off-topic in a post!)

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I defintely think there's a market for a "ASK NBDH" Section in the message board. Hahaha

You are indeed a fountain of knowledge!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
So... anyone going Gillingham then!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
"ASK NBDH" What a great idea!!!! :lol: As for Gillingham... i won't be making it as i'm travelling up to Birkenhead for week that day.

J

Johnny King is God

SCooperSomersaults said:
So... anyone going Gillingham then!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, but I am now considering joining the army!

Actually I am going to this one 'shock horror' and I cant wait!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Matthew The Rover said:
I'll be going to Gillingham but it's a hefty price

It will be worth it the players normally raise their game in the matches that we travel far and wide to because they know we've spent alot of money to get there and have made a big effort to get there it's just Little's tactics that scare me

M

Matthew The Rover

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Matthew The Rover said:
I'll be going to Gillingham but it's a hefty price

It will be worth it the players normally raise their game in the matches that we travel far and wide to because they know we've spent alot of money to get there and have made a big effort to get there it's just Little's tactics that scare me

It's just Little that scares me :lol:

We'll have to make sure we get near each other on the coach mate