• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gillingham 0 Tranmere 2

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
A great performance by the sounds of it. Goals from Greenacre and Davies sealed the deal.

We didn't appear to fall asleep in the second half. Good performances from Chris & Steve along with Ben Chorley, Danny Coyne and Paul McLaren.

The result we really needed and away from home too.

Onwards and upwards from here I hope!!

Excellent start to my Saturday.

Player
Morrisey
Indeed. I am elated. Lets hope we can coninue this for a good while to come. From relayed details from nomur and Ian it sounded like we were a team for 90 mins. I awaitreports from the faithful disciples.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I see Zola got subbed off before he could get himself sent off. Silly really when we're winning! Great result against a team I thought would be big and strong and really give us a battle. We are 3 points from top of the league now, while Leeds are still 15 points from the top. They can have all the media focus and celebrate all they like, they're still bottom of the league and we're still going up!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent result. Just what we all needed after a less than impressive start to the season. Well done to lads, played a really good game and I hope all those that made the journey down south really enjoyed the game too!

I was happy to hear all players had a good game. Also pleasing to see Davies getting onto the scoresheet with what sounded to be a very good strike. Zola missed a couple of chances again but really it sounded like Tranmere were in control for most of the game.

SWA =D>=D>

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah good result, lets not get carried away though. It is just 1 result. Hopefully we can build on this and go forwards. Nice to see Chrissy G on the scoresheet again, hope he can make it to 20 this season. And Davo should chip in with some goals as well, sounds a good 'un today. Will have to record the championship program tomorrow to see them!=D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes important not to get carried away I went yesterday and was very impressed. We consistently did well for 90 mins. Yes they had a spell or two of pressure but most teams always will. First 20 mins Shuker was exploiting the space he was given. He nearly scored in the 1st minute but then produced two quality crosses... The 1st for Greenacre who headed past the keeper for 1-0 and the second for Zola a minute later who had a decent header saved well by their keeper. They tightened up on Shuker and came back into it and we had Chorley to thank for two blocks that kept it at 1-0. The 1st was an outstanding block with his head from a shot that was destained for the net and the second was more of a routine block. Chorley was solid all game.

Second half we came out up for it and it didn't take long for Davies to get the second and what a goal. He exchanged passes with Sherriff on the left before cutting in and unleashing a great shot from 20 yards low inside the near post with his right foot. Shuker and Davies were both causing problems and Zola should have made it three but fired over from 6 yards after good play by Davies and Shuker. Zola didn't have the best of games but to be fair he got nothing all afternoon from the referee and this seems to be the case most games. We could have really won by 3 or 4 but the 3 points is what matters and we defended well and survived the odd scare at the back.

I don't think anyone had a bad game really but in my opinion the two players who did really well yesterday were Shuker and Chorley. Davies also did well after he scored.

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
ckJust seen the goals on the championship two great goals greenacre was lucky not two headbut the post!!!!!davies goal was great!!!! bottom corner with his right foot:-D:lol:

Ally

Player
Aldo
Nice to read some comments from Joe who was at the game. Really pleased with the result, and it sounds like we were good value for the win, even the BBC report said we were "a class above" which is nice to read. Last season this fixture was on Sky and we got outmuscled for most of the game so I'm absolutely delighted that we got 3 valuable points from this.

Onwards and upwards... ;-)

evo_trfc

Great result really didnt expect us to win at gillingham. To be honest we've started with a tough set of games and a few coming up are not going to be easy either so good to get three points on the board.

Picked up the news of the world this morning , Shuker Greenacre and Zola all made the team of the week.