Gibson and Sidibe

15 Mar 2010
Player
Jason Koumas
Fantastic news if this is true. A Sidibe - Akpro partnership would be quite a handful.

I didn't think we would actually get anybody of this stature (excuse the pun) to be honest.

1 Jul 2010
Player
Dave Higgins
It will be interesting to see the midfield set up, which now must be a four given these two will play upfront. So Robbo presumably wide left as might have too much to do in the centre with only two in there.

It is amazing the choice now on offer for the wide berths now that there is a "settled" front two - Even Zoum. Also BB, Amoo and Thompson. With Thompson I think he does provide an added goal source. Anyway onwards and upwards:)

1 Oct 2005
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
With Gibson's imminent return and Sidibe's arrival, we have almost a full squad with options in every position.

Sidibe has good experience at our level but has had some serious injuries over the years, which I hope won't recur. He's played hardly any first team football in the past two years, apart from a short spell at Sheffield Wednesday. Let's hope he gets up to match fitness quickly, stays that way and hasn't lost his hunger for the game.

The Sky site mentions Ronnie is still after other loanees. I believe we need an experienced midfielder to replace Wallace even more than we need Sidibe.

15 Mar 2010
Player
Jason Koumas
With Gibson's imminent return and Sidibe's arrival, we have almost a full squad with options in every position.

Sidibe has good experience at our level but has had some serious injuries over the years, which I hope won't recur. He's played hardly any first team football in the past two years, apart from a short spell at Sheffield Wednesday. Let's hope he gets up to match fitness quickly, stays that way and hasn't lost his hunger for the game.

The Sky site mentions Ronnie is still after other loanees. I believe we need an experienced midfielder to replace Wallace even more than we need Sidibe.
He actually has hardly any recent experience at our level: the majority of his football has been played in the Premier League and Championship, which is why this signing is such a coup for us.

I think the centre of midfield does not look too bad once Palmer returns, with Corry having signed. The biggest problem on Tuesday was the failure of the front two to get hold of the ball at any stage in the game and allow the team to move up the pitch, a problem which has hopefully been rectified now.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Player
Iain Hume
Let's not go overboard with these signings. Gibson isn't likely to be match-fit and Sidibe is a bit of an unknown quantity at this level. Better than a kick in the teeth though.

29 Jul 2009
Player
Ian Muir
With decent service Sidibe will do with alongside JLAA so im happy with this signing. Gibson isnt back till next week

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Player
Iain Hume
True. I'm just gambling that he is better than Amoo and O'Halloran.
I won't argue with that :)

I note that Tom Eaves, who we had been linked with has gone to Shrewsbury. He's at the opposite end of his playing career to Sidibe, with clubs higher up the league apparently interested.

15 Mar 2010
Player
Jason Koumas
McGurk has now been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a collapsed lung. We must have had the worst luck with injuries this season of any side in League One.

At least Bell Baggie is now back involved and will presumably take his place.

3 Apr 2007
Player
Goodison
Must have been one hell of a pulled hamstring to do that! In all seriousness get well soon Adam, anything to do with the heart must be a major concern, especially with Muamba recently.

8 Sep 2009
Player
Chris Greenacre
My only concern about sidibe will his match fitness but hopefully we can get the best out of him. He must be half decent wages at stoke too so fair play to PJ depending on the deal.

Still need a centre mid as not convinced about corry but early days yet.

Need Gibbo or if not bring Goodi in as something needed to stop the rot.