• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Get rid of Little and let him take Lorraine Rogers with him!

Im sick of this season already. Brian Little again proves to be the most backward thinking manager in the division. Will someone give the guy a f@@k@@g calculator so he can realise that 23 away draws will only get the team 23 points. The guy wants to get himself a job in italy where he can play for a draw all season and they'll still love him for it. He has no sense of adventure and his team selection is has about as much thought put into it as diaorrhea after a vindaloo

Maybe he can pass the calculator to Rogers so she can try and find out whats happened to the Taylor and Hume transfer money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about time Rovers had people at the helm who love the club not this bunch of idiots

Sack the lot and bring in Mike Bassett

C

championship_here_we_come

BL should gobut the LR situation is a tricky one

on one hand some would say she is looking after the clubs best intests ie staying alfloatfor the next couple of years also the main stand is meant to be getting a rebuild sometime sooon so maybe thats were the money is going

one the other hand some say that she is not investing in the team and if she put the money back into the team we would earn more money in the long run due to promotion etc

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Re: Get rid of Little and let him take Lorraine Rogers with

Al Jolson Singing Mammy said:
Im sick of this season already. Brian Little again proves to be the most backward thinking manager in the division. Will someone give the guy a f@@k@@g calculator so he can realise that 23 away draws will only get the team 23 points. The guy wants to get himself a job in italy where he can play for a draw all season and they'll still love him for it. He has no sense of adventure and his team selection is has about as much thought put into it as diaorrhea after a vindaloo

Maybe he can pass the calculator to Rogers so she can try and find out whats happened to the Taylor and Hume transfer money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about time Rovers had people at the helm who love the club not this bunch of idiots

Sack the lot and bring in Mike Bassett

Haha, one of the best posts on here yet!
Sorry, it's not funny really, but I think I'm best laughing this season off. It's my only outlet!! ](*,)

Overall, you have to take risks as a club. If we go about things the Lorraine way, it means the club stays afloat but also continues to get poorer each season as there is zero improvement.

If things stay as they are, the trend will continue.

Bring back Corfe!! :shock: :oops:

M

Matthew The Rover

You are right Ian. We only went up through the Leagues and stabalized ourselves for some time in Division One was because the then Chairmen were willing to buy players in to help us stay up. Not that its an excuse, infact, it's a very poor statement indeed, but we were relegated not too long after Lorraine came to the club.

DixieDean

as long as we are 6 million quid in debt we are never going to spend transfer money received on new players. So unless anyone out there knows someone daft enough to burn their money on a football club then i'm afraid we are always going to see our best players sold with little or no further investment. Get used to it ..... :(

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
In the good old dodgy days, when we still had the debt we used to spend money on players. Not great amounts but we used to have the luxury of wasting 225k on players such as Navarro ;)

I always get the feeling that there is a little too much caution.. :?

C

championship_here_we_come

Ian said:
wasting 225k on players such as Navarro ;)

when navarro was on loan he was amazing he also was looking good once we signed him however he did pick up a nasty injury and never really recoverdd imo

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree mate. His loan spell was a good one. Then once he had earned his contract we all found out what a lazy player he really was. :wink:

S

Seanyb

Dixie dean is right though. We shouldnt be spending our money when we've got a 6 million pound debt. If we do that then we will end up with in liquidation and no TRFC!

And to be fair, in todays football world, you can do well with free transfers, if you get the right men. Many premiership teams release young players wich dont break into the first team, these are perfect signings for a league one club like ourselves.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'd be happier if Lorraine would decide which kind of chairman to be.

I didn't mind so much in the very early days of her being here because she was open and approached things from an outside perspective, not being involved or even interested in anything to do with football, it was a pure financial exercise. Matchday columns explained decisions, laid out plans and were short.

Now that's she's caught "the fever" as she calls it, she seems to like to think of herself as a big Tranmere fan and really in touch with what we all think, taking hands-on roles in merchandising and so on, and giving her 'educated' opinion on things - but the words are just so hollow. I've completely given up reading her pre-match column in the programme because although her spelling is much better than your average fourteen year old who has only just discovered football, she trots out what she hears other people saying and her opinions seem totally lacking in any perspective. We now have long drivel-filled columns by Lorraine trying to explain away problems on the football side as bad luck, and you turn the page over and read the same column as written by Brian.

I'm also starting to wonder if the writer for "Fanbase" in the programme has been authorised to only write exactly what the chairman and manager wrote the week before. And Les' column, while still poking fun occasionally, seems quite a bit less risky and amusing and a lot 'better' behaved. I don't for a moment believe he's running out of material for it, so the conclusion that I come to (right or not) is that he's being censored.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think navarro has alot of ptoential, event though he didn;t get regular action here at pp I thought it was dissaponting to see him go.