• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Trophy Wrexham v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No injuries/suspensions and through to the next round. I'll happily settle for that, though my heart was in my mouth on seeing the starting xi.

M

Mal

No injuries/suspensions and through to the next round. I'll happily settle for that, though my heart was in my mouth on seeing the starting xi.
why? Se have a set of good players in depth. Micky clearly knows what he I doing and I was only a FA trophy game, so experimentation not a problem. Heart in mouth?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
why? Se have a set of good players in depth. Micky clearly knows what he I doing and I was only a FA trophy game, so experimentation not a problem. Heart in mouth?
I thought this was a game to try out some of that depth in the squad, given the crucial fixture scheduled for next weekend. Didn't want any key players being ruled out of Lincoln game. Still, all's well that ends well.

M

Mal

I think Micky wants a winning mentality and consistency. So changing a couple of players who are coming back , either at start or halfway of beyond, made sense to me. I am not sure about the Wallace situation though, unless it is a Tollit type, whereby he is looking to bring him in long term. At the moment, he will have not done much by the time his loan finishes.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think any other clubs are interested in Wallace because of his injury record, so it is a case of whether we want to keep him rather than whether he wants to stay. Micky said last week that he is not ready to start games yet.

drwhoman

I hope Wallace does stay on some basis reflective of his injury history. He seems to bring quality and control when he gets on.

Player
Manager
John King
I would actually like to play a small club away as it would be more of an experience and we would probably still win. However, the next round is not regionalised so I would not want to get Truro away ! I think the draw is on Monday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great result today. Keep's the unbeaten run going and there's no stopping us at the moment. I'm looking forward to games more than I have been for quite some time supporting Rovers as we now have quality management and players who can deliver.

I don't think any other clubs are interested in Wallace because of his injury record
Quite right. Wallace has already said that its down to the club to make him an offer should they wish to do so at least until the end of the season (which I think they will). We all know he has the quality, it's whether he can maintain the fitness. Only time will tell.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can see the need for consistency and as my earlier remark, everything turned out ok. It does mean that less has been learned about the squad than if a few more changes made, though.

The Wallace situation is encouraging, see if he can build on his fitness in the next few weeks. As he's shown he's able to make challenges, a good option to have even if coming off the bench.

Anything said about Dawson's absence from the squad yesterday? After he came on and played a part in the winner v York, expected him to feature in some capacity.

Of the northern sides at a lower level already through, a trip to Matlock or Alfreton would be most interesting. Odds are we'll get another NL side away though...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Re Dawson, the limitation of five subs means you can only name 14 outfield players. Now we've got such a big squad and nearly everyone is fit, choosing the subs must be almost as tricky as the team itself.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree that the 5 subs rule doesn't help those of us with larger squads, but can understand the restriction. It is a challenge picking the subs, meaning squad players may not even make the bench. Dawson doesn't obviously fit into a diamond either, but MM rated him enough to give him an 18 month deal, so presumably he'll get his chance sometime

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ultimately you can only pick 11 players. I'm sure they'll get their chance soon enough. Very healthy competition for the squad though.

Player
Manager
John King
Dawson can't play in a diamond and I would guess that Jennings and Wallace have simply been impressing more in training.

For those that are interested, highlights of the game are on S4C at 5.45 tonight

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
South Park or North Leigh at PP next. Away game might have been fun, but a winnable tie.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Drawn at home to South Park or North Leigh (replay Tuesday 13th) in FAT R2, match to be played w/e 14th/15 Jan

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
How many rounds are there exactly?

A chance to give some fringe players a game and a real opportunity to progress further.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We are now in the last 32. No replays but two semi-final legs, so a maximum of 6 more games (if we're lucky!).

I think MM will be fielding strong sides if Wrexham is anything to go buy, although the next match would be worth giving a couple of fringe players a chance.