• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...y-avoid-premier-league/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

A great article here about Barrow, lower league football and our shared hatred of the greed league. The comments about Liverpool's visit to Mansfield a few years ago are amazing.

The article is slightly ironic as Casson is effectively an 'Abramovich of non-league', like Dale Vince and others. Then again, his approach at Barrow is similar to what PJ did at Prenton Park all those years ago.

Player
Manager
John King
Some bad results in the league for us today, with FGR and Dagenham both winning by big margins. Dover are currently level, while Lincoln are winning at Ipswich in the cup.

It is vital we win at Woking to set us up for a very tough match against a revitalised Dagenham.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lincoln have an extra game to fit in now, which may benefit us, while Dover dropping points at home to York was surprising. Forest Green and Dagenham's return to form could trouble us, while Barrow's cup exit will allow them to concentrate on the League.

A few of our promotion rivals either have or are about to add to their squads. Unsure if Micky has any plans for Rovers in that respect

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
These are the weekends which make me nervous when the teams around us are picking up points and we get sucked into the middle of it. I had hoped we would be a couple of points clear a few games ago, but there we have it.

Seems a long time till our next league game. Great article BTW RLC.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
One positive is that we still have the three teams immediately below us to play at home (FGR, Dagenham and Dover) and our home form is the best in the division this season.

Regarding the FA Cup, Jordan Hugill looked good for Preston tonight. Another player Micky Adams made to look crap !

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Hugill has been a key player for PNE this season. Adams will say we were a stepping stone for his recuperation after injury!
I hope it doesn't come to it but goal difference means most teams around us realistically have the extra point. FGR and Daggers filled their boots today.
Pleased for the credibility of us NL teams that Lincoln put up a show, though not necessarily for Lincoln!
Thought Eastleigh might have put up a better fight ... didnt realise Mad Dog is boss there until yesterday. Like they needed anyone to promote a more physical approach to their game?
Really disappointed that we'll miss South Park game. I don't think Mickey will tinker too much, particularly as we had no game this week, can't really have first teamers missing competitive games for three weeks. Hopefully he'll be in a position to use all four outfield subs.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm still pretty positive about our chances this season. I think we are the most feared team in the league except perhaps Lincoln.

Yes, great article RLC. When I was a lad I used to go to Anfield as well as PP. I still look out for Liverpool's results but don't go to their games as I'm pretty disillusioned with top flight football. I'm far more comfortable with NL, but I am concerned it could become a home for rich Brits who can't afford to buy into the EPL. Too many of our rivals have sugardaddies.