• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Fourth qualifying round

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The draw for this is tomorrow, who do we want?

In our first two seasons at this level, we've been put out at this stage by other NL sides. It would be great if we firstly got an opponent from a different league and secondly actually won through to the first round proper, given our apparent financial woes. A home game against someone like Shildon, Shaw Lane or Nantwich would suit me.

Watch us get Wrexham away now...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Any game against a non National League side would suit me and preferably away from home, unless it was someone very tricky. I think the FA Cup is important to us this season given the financial situation and we need to make progress.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we sure could do with progressing this season get some much needed money in the coffers

Player
aldo
Dont know what it is with cup games especially the fa cup. We never get the easy games . We need a game against mersey park giants or fluffy clowd city or telly tubby utd . An hope its not a plastic pitch lol . But we know will get dagenham fc . Or someone like that cus its tranmere an we dont like it eeasy . Oh well hears hoping for dog food city

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just the kind of game we didn't want, tough, away to another NL side. If our financial situation demands a Cup run, we have to field a full strength side to get past first base.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, a tough draw but still a game we are capable of winning. Absolutely vital we make the first round.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit disappointed with that. Let’s hope we get through.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yet another tie against a national league team, oh well lets hope for a win

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So now we’ve made it through to the first round proper, who would you like next? There’s an argument for an easy tie at home to some side from a league lower in the pyramid given our financial need for a cup run. If it has to be against a league side, would like somewhere new to visit. I’ve never seen us at Rotherham or Wigan’s new grounds.

Player
Manager
John King
One of the really small teams home or away would be best. There are no particularly enticing games at this stage and if we draw a decent League One side away we are almost certain to go out. Purely in terms of the day out, I would not mind a trip to somewhere like Coventry or Rotherham however.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Number one - a winnable tie.
Number two - a televised tie (for the money).
So, probably a real minnow away, although a home tie against Wigan would attract the cameras and a good crowd - and we may spring a surprise.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Definitely a team lower league at this stage.