• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Exeter v Tranmere

Exeter v Tranmere
Posted by Ian
St James' Park
Saturday, March 2, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 2, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very tough game coming up for Rovers on Sat with a trip to St James' Park to take on Exeter City who are flying high in 5th place but only three points ahead of Rovers.

The Grecians have been steadily picking up points away from home with a good 2-1 win againt Port Vale and an excellent 1-1 draw against top of the table Lincoln City with a 96th minute John Akinde goal denying the visitors all three points.

Rovers have been in great form recently with three wins out of four. Steve McNulty, Liam Ridehalgh and Harvey Gilmour are back in training and available for selection. Ishmael Miller is still recovering from a hamstring injury and does not feature.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A win would be nice but a point at Exeter would be a decent result ahead of 2 home games after that (Crewe and Oldham).

Expect an unchanged line up as Ellis is training and no other injuries. Big Mac and ridehalgh training but neither may make the bench.

Just been watching their managers pre match interview. Really making an issue about their fatigue after 2 tough away games. Could be mind games but hopefully we’ll be fit and rating to go.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
A game that, a month ago, I'd have looked at with some trepidation.
We have a great shape now and confidence is brimming.
Will be extremely disappointed if we leave empty-handed.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This is surely our biggest game of the season to date. A victory would consolidate our position as genuine promotion contenders but as has been said above, a draw would be a very good result and would almost certainly keep us in touch with the top seven, with FGR and Colchester both having tricky fixtures tomorrow.

The corresponding match at Prenton Park was probably our best performance of the season, although Exeter also looked a good side that day despite missing several players. They have lost Stockley since that game, and key players like Law, Moxey and Boateng are doubts for Saturday. However, despite those absences Exeter have had some excellent results recently and this will be an extremely tough game.

I think we will be unchanged and I would guess 400 or so SWA will be in attendance. I would be delighted with a point.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we will be unchanged and I would guess 400 or so SWA will be in attendance. I would be delighted with a point.
Agreed. The side has been excellent recently so I don't forsee any changes. A point would be most welcome.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Unchanged team and I think we will nick it 2 1 with a late goal from nors

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A game that, a month ago, I'd have looked at with some trepidation.
We have a great shape now and confidence is brimming.
Will be extremely disappointed if we leave empty-handed.
My thoughts exactly. A win would be a massive boost to our confidence as much as our league position and is certainly possible, but I would expect neither side will want to lose and will play out a stalemate, maybe 1-1. Interesting that Stockley's replacement, Ryan Bowman, who we tried to sign in January, has yet to score. Hope he doesn't break his duck tomorrow.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with the viewpoint that a draw would be a good result and injuries permitting we should stick with an unchanged team.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Assume Morris misses out thru injury as not involved. Johnny Smith takes his place. Otherwise unchanged

Player
Manager
John King
Smith replaces Morris, presumably injured or ill. Nelson preferred to Macca on the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Come on Rovers! :thumbsup:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-0 Rovers!
Ellis with a fantastic ball to Norwood whoo took it down well, shot, deflected off a defender and into the net. A bit fortunate but well deserved lead. Rovers looking confident and positive here.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent half by Rovers. Passing, possession, work rate, all excellent. Also helps that we have a very good midfield controlling the play.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What a great result!! Another clean sheet and sounds like Scottie with a great save in injury time

Player
Manager
John King
Superb result against a good side. We dominated the first half, backs to the wall in the second but we defended heroically. Great save by Scotty to win it.

Reactions: Ian

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Brilliant.
We can take great heart from today in light of our run in.
Protecting a goal lead away from home, being under the cosh and walking off with the points is psychologically worth ten times a two nil home win.
I'm sure the players will be buzzing- hope so, cos I am!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Superb result. I guess the second half pressure was to be expected but we coped very well. Defensively sold again with Ellis putting in another great display, midfield working hard and Norwood doing what he does best. Exciting times for Rovers, let's hope we can keep the run going.

drwhoman

A great win to wake up to on a Australian Sunday am! Well done MM and the lads!