• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL fixtures announced

EFL fixtures announced
Posted by Ian
London
Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 09:00 AM
Until: Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 10:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
EFL fixtures announced at 9am.
Discuss here.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not an easy start - away at Stevenage. Some interesting games though:

Morcambe at home on Boxing Day and away at Macc (again) on New Years Day.

Last game of the season away at Crawley but our final home game see's Ryan Lowe's Bury come to PP.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Nice to see some familiar names again and they bring it home, once more, that we did it!
Maccs away on my birthday. Couldn't be better!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The opening and final day fixtures are pretty rubbish but our first two games look winnable. The Christmas fixtures are good, Easter less so.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, shame we are away for the first and last games. Always like the Boxing Day home game though!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think it's the easiest set of fixtures to start our L2 campaign with, as none of the opponents in the first half dozen are predicted to struggle. Port Vale have spent a bit, Swindon away and Cheltenham home haven't been happy fixtures for us in recent times, so the results of the first six will give us a fair idea where we're at.

Mostly fairly sensible fixtures, not sure about the Tuesday games on the east coast and at Forest Green while sending Yeovil to Birkenhead between Christmas and New Year ??

Player
Manager
John King
I am also not sure why we could not have had derby games over Easter, given the number of north west sides in the division.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Anyone else's stomach churn at the thought we could be looking at a fixture list against the likes of Harrogate, Braintree, Havant & Waterlooville?

Player
aldo
hey guys hope all is well . all i will say i have never worked as hard as the last two weeks and got a few days left yet . oh well . a good set of fixtures to start with . just need to see some quality signed up we still need that other forward player and a few more to . will be back to normal by the end of the week nackerd bed is calling

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Anyone else's stomach churn at the thought we could be looking at a fixture list against the likes of Harrogate, Braintree, Havant & Waterlooville?
Yes, CK. If anyone thinks that League Two will be a breeze, just compare the teams we will face this season to those last year. Grimsby, Lincoln, MK Dons, Swindon, Port Vale, Oldham. I don't think we'll struggle, but we'll need a few more good signings as well as in form Tollitt and Wallace to make a serious challenge for promotion.

Player
aldo
as long as we can compete . and build from last season . its just a good start thats needed . a few good signings would help . we need to keep are home form going . be tight and creative . if we win every game 1-0 who cares . we showed in play off final that if we stick togeather we will win

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yes, CK. If anyone thinks that League Two will be a breeze, just compare the teams we will face this season to those last year. Grimsby, Lincoln, MK Dons, Swindon, Port Vale, Oldham. I don't think we'll struggle, but we'll need a few more good signings as well as in form Tollitt and Wallace to make a serious challenge for promotion.
We've played Grimsby and Lincoln in the NL. While Lincoln have made progress since getting their FL status back, Grimsby have struggled since Paul Hurst moved on. Oldham seem to have a new owner with issues. While it's difficult to get a feel for the strength of L2 this season, my feeling is that if we're behind those two, it's a likely bottom half finish for Rovers.

Tollitt is going to be ready for pre-season apparently.

drwhoman

I agree with BBTC. Two or three decent signings including a goalscorer will help any promotion push. With what we have and trialists we will not push above mid table.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There’s a few doubts starting to creep in after the sale of Cook as it’s unlikely we will be able to bring in a 25-goal a season striker. Without those goals, we won’t be in the top ten. Banks might chip in with a few from midfield but it’ll just be scraps from the rest of the team.

Realistically, a mid table finish wouldn’t be a disaster. First season back in the EFL. Stabilise, learn and go again the season after.

Player
Manager
John King
Until the recruitment has been completed and we have a full squad, I don't think any of us can realistically predict where we will finish. Even then, it will be difficult to make an assessment, as our knowledge of the other teams is quite limited.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No - but guessing makes it fun :)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers have moved the home games v Macclesfield and Crewe to Friday night. On the one hand, it probably causes less difficulty for our fairly local opponents than moving other games and they’ll have had to agree the move. However, it’s likely to depress the attendance as a result. Unsure of the thinking behind this one.

Player
aldo
always loved the friday games . cant wait for the macc game a sh@%&ty little video should be played in the changing room . wont need mm to say mutch should be the motivation they need