• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ebbsfleet v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought I would get this one started early as this is quite a special game for me, returning to the land of my fathers. It is a pity that we go into this game at possibly our lowest ebb - at least on the pitch - in our entire history.

Fleet have started the season solidly, drawing all but two of their games, but lost their unbeaten record to Aldershot last night. Their record suggests they have been well organised and cautious in their approach, which will make life even harder for our lifeless bunch. They are apparently also getting a few key players back from injury.

Our performances have been so bad it almost seems superfluous to talk about formations and starting elevens. My only demand would be that the eleven players selected actually work hard for ninety minutes, unlike several who seem to have downed tools, whether due to low confidence, dressing room politics or frustration at the tactics. I would not object to some fringe players being selected.

Prediction: as Stonebridge Road is a new ground for most of the SWA I think there will be a decent turnout of 4-500, despite our current woes. I expect the game to run along similar lines to the majority of matches this season, and struggle to see a Rovers victory.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wouldn't mind so much if they worked hard and lost.
Can't see it though.

1-0 defeat.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Could this be mickeys last game in charge? Perhaps a bit over dramatic but another defeat against a team who came up last season will be hard to swallow. The hosts unbeaten start to the season came to an end with a home defeat to our supposed promotion rivals aldershot on Tuesday but currently lie 19th in the table 1 point worse off than us having drawn most of their games.

apart from the long terms the squad is fit with mceveley training today. I wasn't at Maidenhead but the radio commentary sounded like young gumbs did well so dropping him for Jay may be a bit unfair.

It's at the other end where Micky has decisions to make. The last few games have seen subs have to be made in the second half as things haven't worked. We're just not creating enough. Cook was again hauled off on Tuesday so will he be dropped? Connor J has been poor all season but do we stick with him as we have no one else who can play behind the front 2? I'm guessing he'll stick with the 5-3-2.

Prediction: first goal is vital but if we don't get it then the lack of confidence will surely be exposed. Personally I think Micky should go if we lose this game. I'm going for a draw.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No idea of how this well go, I'm off to the Algarve tomorrow so will be following in a bar in the sun hopefully, just hoping we get something out of the game

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Micky's pre-match remarks suggest more of the same, which is the one thing I wouldn't want to see. Like Ian, I am expecting this to go badly, while I've read of our fans with tickets for this game deciding not to show up.

Player
aldo
Well this is a big . Game for a few reasons . After the bad game result an performance of the team . And the poor tactics by mm . We need a big team reaction . If its as poor as Tuesday . Then will somthing give . But trying to stay positive and lookin at the table if we start performing an getting results we could get up the table quickly hoping for a win .

J

JKS

Major case of deja vu if MM got the boot before Wrexham at home, a la Brabin before him.

I personally would like to see a back to basics approach to the game. Forget zones, forget trying to play it through Hughes everytime and becoming so transparent in our play. Switch it 4-3-3 possibly looking at our players, it would suit.

GK - Davies
RB - Buxton
CB - McNulty
CB - Sutton
LB - Ridehalgh
CM - Hughes
CM - Harris
CM - Norburn
RF - Norwood
CF - Cook
LF - Alabi

Play people in their positions and you will get the best out of them. I've never understood the need to play people out of position. We need a positive result, that team and set up should be able to cope with Ebbsfleet on Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can the club stop with these edited training videos pre match trying to make out the team are really hard at it at training and scoring for fun in the nets. Absolute nonsense. Let's just concentrate on getting a win! The players need to work hard, take responsibility and push forward.

However... It'll be the same tried, tested, failed formation and lineup tomorrow and we'll struggle to make a handful of shots on target. Feeling very glum right now. Hopefully, I'll be proved wrong and we'll dominate and win 5-0 :)

Player
Manager
John King
Can the club stop with these edited training videos pre match trying to make out the team are really hard at it at training and scoring for fun in the nets. Absolute nonsense. Let's just concentrate on getting a win! The players need to work hard, take responsibility and push forward.

I agree. Those videos do my head in. I appreciate that the club feel they have to communicate something, but ultimately all that matters is what we see on a Saturday afternoon. I would hope we are working hard in training, as it is what the players are paid for. It is the bare minimum we should expect, not an optional extra.

However, I have a funny feeling we will win tomorrow.......

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Having looked forward to this match since the fixtures were announced, I changed my mind this week. It seems to be a certain home win based on form, not to mention the mood on this site. I can't go anyway, as we only moved in today and I need to spend Saturday sorting the house out.

Having thought about it, I think RLC may be right. Since we dropped to the NL, how many times have we been expected to lose and actually lost? Most of our defeats are unexpected, as are many of our wins.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I feel the same way as Ian. Micky's pre-match remarks didn't suggest any change in system and with playing wing-backs with the current squad, we cannot get the right quality of ball into the box for the strikers to convert. Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Davies, Norwood, McNulty, Buxton, Harris, Jennings, McEveley, Ridehalgh, Hughes, Norburn, Sutton

Player
Manager
John King
Cook dropped to the bench. Looks like 532 with Jennings off norwood up front.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Subs: Pilling, Waring, Cook, Alabi, Dunn

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not happy having Cook on the bench but it will be interesting to see how Jennings gets on.

Player
aldo
Lets hope we don't get eney injuries to a defender or a midfielder . Not confodent . Hope they prove me wrong . Not there so listing on radio .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unimpressed with the team selection, but not surprised. persisted with the ineffective wing backs. McEveley straight back in, despite Gumbs decent showing and agree with RLC
and AM re lack of balance.

If anyone isn't trying here it's the manager...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cook once again the scapegoat. Feel sorry for Gumbs but that's football.

Just hope that we're not in a position again where subs have to be made because things aren't working.