• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dunfermline v rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
184 Tranmere fans present.

Interesting that the England game affected their crowd more than ours !

I don't think they played a particularly weak team, so this has to be an encouraging result. i would guess we played 442 ?

We knew about Buxton's operation, but I assume Ridehalgh is also injured as he was not on the bench.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
184 Tranmere fans present.

Interesting that the England game affected their crowd more than ours !

I don't think they played a particularly weak team, so this has to be an encouraging result. i would guess we played 442 ?

We knew about Buxton's operation, but I assume Ridehalgh is also injured as he was not on the bench.

Also so Gumbs or Waring

Player
aldo
SouKana looks promising the dunny fans on there forum where not to happy . but had good words for us 723 fans there 200 rovers fans as normal amazing bye the super mad army . amazing just for a freindly

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have seen the goals/highlights. Cole's was a chip over the keeper from a one on one after a ball over the top, cool finish, but Walker-Rice's long range effort the pick of the bunch. Don't know much about the player, but someone capable of scoring goals like that should be in contention for a place on the bench.

MM in his post-match interview Sparky linked, said only had about 13 first-teamers available. Buxton recovering, Ridehalgh present,so presume picked up an injury, Waring out of favour and Gumbs we don't know. Harris, Sutton and Tollitt all started on the bench. The manager recognises more players are needed, interesting to see who he brings in...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Gumbs is injured as well apparently. The first goal was encouraging with a great ball from Norburn and a brilliant first touch and finish from Cole. Hopefully we will see those two linking up again as the season progresses. I look forward to seeing Soukona on Tuesday.

The highlights seemed a bit biased towards the home team, with none of our chances shown other than the goals.

I enjoyed the chant of 'It's coming home' from the SWA, which must have gone down well with the locals. :)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree re highlights, though I did get the impression from the Rovers twitter that the hosts had more of the possession in the first half and Cole's excellent opener was a little against the run of play at that point.