• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dunfermline v rovers

Player
aldo
Here we go peeps . Just a little fun . Hope you have had a great summer having bbqs and holidays. Well we get moving tomorrow and the the Scottish first . Makes a change from the normal games . Just hope that there are no injuries and its a good game 2.1 rovers with mulin and nors to get em hope tollitt is fit and going he. Needs a good start

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can't believe we are back playing already. It's too hot to sit outside, never mind play football. There is no way I could start to preview this game, so I won't bother.

Totally off topic, but it's not worth starting a new thread for, I found another Tranmere Rovers fan living in my town, Tunbridge Wells. I thought I was unique, but the SWA gets everywhere. What was strange was that he left the Wirral in 1957, never to return. This was well before even I started watching Rovers. There were hardly any players he mentioned that I ever saw, e.g. Lloyd Iceton and Harold Lloyd. Nevertheless, he continued to follow the team and was there at Wembley this year with one of his sons, who has never lived on or near the Wirral but still supports Rovers. Proof that being a Rovers fan can be passed on through the genes. :)

drwhoman

Fair comment BBTC! Iceton and Lloyd ring a bell but I might have been a season or two behind. Peter Farrell as player- manager and the winger Tommy Eglington, both ex Everton, are amongst by earliest memories. Ralph Gubbins, ex Bolton, Alan Arnell and Dave Hickson, both ex Liverpool also come to mind.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Hope it's a great day out for those going.
It looks like a really nice set up there, judging by photos, with great hospitality facilities.
A first glimpse of some of the trialists if nowt else.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
One team who won't be travelling up north today is Bolton.
Their friendly at St Mirren had been called off - Bolton players on strike because they haven't been paid!
And not for the first time.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Fair comment BBTC! Iceton and Lloyd ring a bell but I might have been a season or two behind. Peter Farrell as player- manager and the winger Tommy Eglington, both ex Everton, are amongst by earliest memories. Ralph Gubbins, ex Bolton, Alan Arnell and Dave Hickson, both ex Liverpool also come to mind.
All the players you remember I was watching when I first went to PP. In those days of course players had a maximum wage so played as long as they could. As a result, we got a lot of ex First Division players nearing the end of their careers joining us, like those you mention.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Dunfermline are an interesting club. A tiny little town, but they have got a stadium and fanbase very similar to ours and have always been a well supported team.

Fair play to those that are travelling.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Like Rovers, the Pars are a genuine local club with their own identity and a long tradition but not a great deal of success. There's a good write-up on Rovers on their website with a report on the play-off final, a paragraph on MM and an update on transfer dealings. If you are up there for the game, I'm sure you'll be made to feel at home. https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Preview_Tranmere_Rovers&ID=10698

Player
aldo
yes good on you for going we are taking 2 coaches so should be a great turn out by the super white army

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ellis ahead of Sutton, more surprising Cole ahead of Tollitt unless fitness issues a factor. Ridehalgh, Buxton, Gumbs and Waring don’t feature at all. Two triallist’s on the bench. Reece Flanagan, ex Walsall and Soukouna Ampadou French striker, who’s been at various clubs across Europe but not a prolific scorer.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
1-0 Rovers, Larnell Cole. Cole was always going to be chosen ahead of Tollitt, who is behind him in the pecking order until he proves his fitness.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Cole is technically the better player, but he isn’t really a winger. He was also lacking fitness last season. What formation are we playing today?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Triallist striker Soukana gets a second for Rovers.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting that our last two goals came from youngsters. Danny Walker-Rice,who's a striker and got some game time against Solihull last season and Nick Long, an unfamiliar name to me.