• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

dragons v rovers

Player
aldo
WEll bt dont give a toss abt big games innational league . They never seem to have them on . Poor tv station

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If the game was televised it would be a 12 o' clock kick off in front of about 5,000, so I am glad it is not being shown. This is the first 3pm Saturday kick off for a league game at Wrexham since we have been down here.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think BT televised both games last season? They are required to give all NL sides coverage and as this fixture coincides with a Cup weekend, can't blame them for not showing.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just watching the highlights from the 5-1 win back in 2005. What a good mix of youth and experience we had. Dagnall and Hume linking up well, Danny Harrison in the middle and Sharps & Ryan Taylor at the back. Experience from the likes of Whitmore and Paul Hall plus Mike Jackson and Goodison and Roberts at the back too. What a team!

Got me in the mood for Saturday!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Turning to team news for Saturday. Everyone fit at the moment except Cole & Davies. Larnell will be a week or two and Davies is making rapid improvements. Wallace and Tollit are both fit, as is Eddie.

Micky has some decisions to make. The easy one is to bring Cook back in for Kirby, but does Eddie come back in at left back? Ridehalgh had a decent game last week although their 1st goal came from a cross from the left. He has the experience though, but I don't think much phases Eddie. Being away from home, I suspect Micky may stick with Rides to make us more solid defensively, unless he went to a 3-5-2.

As for Wallace & Tollit, whilst it could be great to have them available, particularly Ben, surely this is not the game for them to make their comebacks. Micky mentioned pre match they are not 'match fit' and I just think it's a big risk in what could be a feisty game with tackles flying around. Even the subs bench will be interesting - if Cook comes back in, will Mangan keep his place on the bench or will Kirby take it? The bench could be interesting with the likes of Hughes, Mangan, Kirby, Tollit, Wallace, Clake, Kirby all vying for a spot.

We conceded 2 poor goals last week so we cannot afford to do that against a Wrexham side who concede very few. Up front they have goals in Holroyd & Quigley and are very well organised. Just hope none of players e.g. Norwood get involved in the occasion. Yes they'll be fired up but we don't want anyone sent off.

Probably our toughest and biggest game of the season. Prediction from me: 0-0 draw.

Player
Manager
John King
Clarke should certainly come back into the side ahead of Ridehalgh. He gives us so much more going forward than Liam. I agree it is too soon for Tollitt, although I am salivating at the prospect of Eddie and him linking up down the left. A draw would be a good result but we are well capable of doing a job on them, as we did at Sutton. Currently on my hols and my flight doesn't get in until 1am on Saturday, so hoping for no delays !

Player
Manager
John King
Just watching the highlights from the 5-1 win back in 2005. What a good mix of youth and experience we had. Dagnall and Hume linking up well, Danny Harrison in the middle and Sharps & Ryan Taylor at the back. Experience from the likes of Whitmore and Paul Hall plus Mike Jackson and Goodison and Roberts at the back too. What a team!

Got me in the mood for Saturday!
Just noticed that Jim Harvey's free kick from the thrilling 3-3 draw in 1988 has just gone up on the website. My first away game !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't like Wrexham as an away venue, even though I've seen Rovers win there, but have a ticket and will be there on Saturday. Hoping we get some pay-back for the dismal home performance.

Team selection looks fairly easy, with one exception, that being left-back. Defensively, Clarke and Ridehalgh are fairly evenly matched, while because we have Ginnelly on the right, the need for Eddie's pace is not as great as the Fylde away game. My guess is that Micky will stick with Liam, but have Eddie on the bench. Cook will return and it will be interesting who makes the subs bench.

Wrexham have ex-Rover Jack Mackreth in their squad, while Rovers Connor Jennings is up against his old club and brother James. The game has the potential to get feisty so not impressed with Andrew Miller as referee, the man in the middle when Jeff Hughes was sent off at York in a game he seemed to lose control of.

I have a feeling Rovers will lose a tight game, but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If we are to win the league this is a game we must win against one of our promotion rivals, Clarke & Cook back in a 2 1 win for us cook & norwood scoring

Player
aldo
2.0 . With connor getting both . Just a better performance we did not play well at prenton park so lets start there then winit an shut the welshies up

M

Mal

Just found the Wimbledon and Newcastle games on youtube from the mercantile credit fa centenary. 1988. Hells bells. I was there. We definitely need to win this league. No phaffing around with playoffs. I think, though, it will be a 0-0 or 1-1 against wrexham.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm looking at a high scoring, but close game, maybe 2-2, but either side could nick it. Very tense.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Work with a staunch Wrexham fan and we both look at the game similarly.
It's a don't get beat game rather than a must win and we both want our 'true' team to pitch up on the day.
His honest view was that we can win 6-0, romp to the title and they can finish seventh........so long as they go up as well.
I'm pretty much in the same boat.
With Maccs to come to our place in a few weeks a win would set us up nicely to top by Easter.
A defeat will see us four points behind them having played a game more and potentially out of the play off spots again.
So for me, a draw it is and we fight another day!
Cookie back in, obviously, Rides keeping his place, Mangs on bench.
Good to hear Scottie recovering well.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It certainly is exciting this season at both ends of the table, even if it's fraying all our nerves.

Player
aldo
With big ben tollitt in full training . Does he get a place on the bench . Certainly wouldn't risk him from the start . Realy happy he is back hopefully no more injuries . Still think 2.0

Player
Manager
John King
Surprised Clarke is not playing. Ridehalgh is the more cautious option.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Surprised Clarke is not playing. Ridehalgh is the more cautious option.
Not totally unexpected, as they’re about equal defensively with Liam having more experience, while Eddie may not be 100% fit. More surprised that Dunn makes the bench ahead of Mangan.