• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dover v Rovers

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Sounds like a thoroughly professional job and all credit to them.
With our goal difference, one point from the last three guarantees us second.
A tremendous effort given the depth we had sunk late October.
What fine margins..... the late equaliser we conceded at Maccs effectively keeping top spot out of reach.
But still, its in our own hands and we'll be much better prepared for the twin towers this time, especially with a near full squad.
I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing that Maccs last two opponents have nowt to play for. Can't realistically see them slipping up though and don't begrudge them given the way they turned us over at PP.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The last two results must have done wonders for confidence. Back to back wins against play off rivals / contenders must be a massive psychological boost entering the play offs.

Player
aldo
so ben has done his knee again . . but knot as bad as b4 . shame . the confidence of 7 wins in 8 games and the last two over top 8 teams will be massive . just got to keep playing ugly an win

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just wanted to add a few words on last night's performance. Given the circumstances and the pressure, that was probably as good a display we have had all season, not in terms of silky football but for application and game management. We were up against a team of giants who wanted to play volleyball, not football, but they did not really lay a glove on us in ninety minutes. We defended superbly.

We srarted the first half brightly, with a couple of decent chances, but lost our way after fifteen minutes or so. Dover pressed us high which resulted in us going long too often, their rugby players winning the second ball, and Rovers losing control in the middle pitch. Pinnock and Jeffrey caused us some problems in this period, although the full backs dealt ok with them and Scott did not have a save to make. The goal came against the run of play, with a raking forty yard ball from Hughes finding Cook, who rounded the keeper (I think) to score.

From that moment onwards we were in complete control, playing some decent football while limiting Dover to scraps. I have never seen as many long balls chucked into our box, but we dealt with them manfully.

Individually, I thought Hughes, Cole and the back four were excellent but Cook was my man of the match.

Whatever happens next week, the manager and players deserve massive credit for this run of form; a lot of teams would have downed tools and waited for the play offs. Great support last night from the SWA as well. Never stopped singing.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks RLC. I know we are scoring plenty of goals at the moment but I think the defence deserves massive credit too as they have been excellent during this purple patch.

I think we can cope quite well with simple long ball football from the opposition. It’s when we come across faster, skillfull players we struggle against. Admittedly there aren’t many of them about in this league but I keep thinking back to Macclesfield at home.

Sat will be very interesting. Who are Macclesfield last two games against?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Probably high unlikely they won’t pick up a win but it becomes a mental game now. Can they hold their nerve? Wouldn’t it be great if they only draw or lose on Saturday though..