• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dover v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A rearranged game on the Channel coast is next up for Rovers. Defeat would hand Macclesfield the title, while victory would keep our faint title hopes alive.

Dover beat us at Prenton Park earlier in the season and have been in or around the top seven all year. However, looking at their personnel they don't seem as strong as in recent seasons. The on-loan Keanu Marsh-Brown is probably their most dangerous player but has apparently been frozen out after not turning up for training. Elsewhere, the experienced Ryan Bird is a threat. Their recent form is patchy, with three defeats in the last four games, although they have recently beaten both Macclesfield and Orient at The Crabble and are certain to be physical, direct and uncompromising. We will have to approach the game with the right attitude to collect three points.

In terms of team selection, there is an argument for freshening things up given the busy recent schedule. However, there has been a natural rotation with the inclusion of Hughes and Cole and I would expect the team that finished the game yesterday to start on Tuesday. Victory for Rovers would at least cause some serious jitters at Moss Rose.

Prediction: a draw or a narrow Rovers victory. At least two Tranmere supporters will be in attendance.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Got to win this to make Macclesfield win the title rather than hand it to them, think we will win 1 0

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Could be a tough one here. We have to win just to keep up the pressure but they won’t make it easy. I’ll going with bigmarts prediction. A slender 1-0.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Dover have indeed gone off the boil recently and will be reeling from yesterday's defeat at Maidenhead, having been in the lead twice. They will be fired up to bounce back, so will be dangerous in the opening stages. However, if we can take the lead, their fragile confidence may allow us to go on to win. Another positive for us is that they need the win even more than we do in order to overtake Wrexham and hold off Ebbsfleet, their rivals for the final play-off spot. I expect Cole for Tollitt to be the only change, but who knows what's in Micky's mind or who is genuinely unavailable? Sadly, I am unable to go after all and expect to miss another win for Rovers in the south-east.

Player
aldo
all we need is to win win win win win . ugly or great who cares . could play rover in centre mid and win thats all we need

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I've no issue with the same starting line-up as Saturday, save for the injured Tollitt replaced by Cole. Would like a defender on the bench and maybe Ginnelly if fit.

Feels like a scrappy draw, but not confident at all.

Player
aldo
5 wins in 6 and still not confident . what do they have to do . at this time of the year its all about getting the results no matter what . as i said the other day i am supper positive as always so another 2 -0 or 3-o win with the best strike force in the division

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think sometimes there is that little worry that they just wont turn up, and at this crucial state of the season, we want to be picking up maximum points. You are right though, they are in great form at the moment. However, Dover will be fighting for a playoff place, so I certainly dont think this will be a walk in the park.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
The concern I have AM is that just when we appear to be heading towards a purple patch they frequently throw us a curveball as per, most recently, Boreham Wood.
This is just the sort of fixture for them tossing another at us!
They're in as good a nick going into it as they could be though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good to hear. Sounds cagey this one. Think we'll wear them down eventually.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sutton 2-0 down, another Cook goal gives us the lead. If it stays that way, we are realistically already in the play-off semis.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Talk of handball for the Rovers goal?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes!! 1-0 win and did what we needed to do. Didn’t sound like a great game but who cares! Pressures on now..

drwhoman

Great win. With Sutton losing I think we are now assured of a top three finish given our strong goal difference?

Player
aldo
who cares . i told you good or ugly . stay positive we can do this great performance . and great fans to

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded like we had one or two chances to finish the game off completely, but good result, which keeps the title race going a bit longer. However that is not in our hands, a Macc win at Eastleigh in Saturday's early ko ends it. As Drwhoman says, barring some freak scores to overturn our superior goal difference the lowest we can finish is 3rd. Aldershot could still beat us to 2nd. The broader positive for Rovers is if we go into the play-offs on a winning run, we should be stronger.

Last edited: