• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dover v Rovers

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Got to feel especially sorry for Richie Hellon.
What an anti climax for him after being on the hoof for six days.
Sounds like some friends were made at Maidstone.

tyke

Player
Geenacre
You have to wonder why the NL when scheduling Christmas and Easter games do not group the league into geographical pools and tell the computer to select from within the groups. Obviously there is no way to avoid long trips to/from outliers like Torquay but the fixture list yesterday seemed designed to be as inconvenient as possible.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
NL can arrange relatively local reverse fixtures over Christmas so they should be able to do something similar over Easter.
There were half a dozen teams yesterday who had pretty horrible journeys.
If they had inspected at 9, called it ok and there was then a deluge it would just have been one of those things. But they didn't. Hope the P's don't let it rest easily.
It was always a tough fixture anyway but made worse as we are not the best of midweek travellers.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The NL is the most geographically dispersed league in England, having the longest average annual mileage to away games. The league failed the fans twice by not localising bank holiday fixtures and not arranging an earlier inspection.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rescheduled for Tues 17th.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fylde win to move within two points of us, albeit we have two games in hand.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I've got a horrible feeling we're gonna meet these free scorers in the play offs! Maybe we can manipulate the Dover result, so many permutations! Everyone's saying our players will be knackered but if we can control the play off positions & have the extra week off we can potentially work this to our advantage?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As things are so tight, it will probably only be by the final game that we know what result gets us what league place. I'm not convinced that Fylde would be harder than any other opponent, so long as our own strikers are available for that game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'm not convinced that Fylde would be harder than any other opponent, so long as our own strikers are available for that game.
I agree. If we played them at Prenton Park I would be pretty confident. People seem to forget that we beat them 4-1 at home, in a game where we did not play particularly well.

Last edited:
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I remember saying that day I’m not looking forward to the reverse fixture. Six passed Macc & seven passed Aldershot, let’s hope the home advantage would swing it our way if we meet them at PP.