• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dic

• Thread starter JimSteelesJockStrap
  • Start date
J

JimSteelesJockStrap

Has anyone heard the rumour about Liverpools new owners tabling a bid for us as well, and using us as a feeder club? It is being talked about on rearguard and is also on a couple of Liverpool web sites?

Player
Morrisey
Well I dont see how it can happen because you are not allowed to own more than 10% in more than one Football club. I wouldn't want it any way.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
People bored with nothing better to do.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Can't see it unless they invested enough to buy the 10% and we agreed to be a feeder club on that basis. Probably just a rumour.

B

Banana Army

People bored with nothing better to do.

Couldn't agree more. The basis for this is what? The only place on the internet non forum based, with any information what so ever is wikipedia, and we all know how reliable that is. Anyone remember that Sean Thornton artile lol?

J

JimSteelesJockStrap

L Rogers has just been on radio city talking about it....seriously! I dont think this is just a rumour.:-(

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Lorraine takes the whole being neighbours of Liverpool a long way too far. I mean the Liverpool08 stuff plastered all over ground and on our shirts whenever she can get a few quid for it proves that. Let's hope this is a load of bunk and that PJ isn't looking for a way out just yet.

I'm hoping it is just another rearguard excuse to babble inanely for a while. Mostly the effort required to filter anything of worth from the pages and pages of c**p on that site just isn't worth it, if you succeed in doing so then fair play to you, you're more patient than I.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
How reliable is the Vital Football site? Seems like it could be just a good fan site but you never know do you?

What does everyone think, is it good cashwise or would this be a total disaster?? I tend to agree with NBDH wiht the whole LIVERPOOL08 campaign and LR making the most of it to get some quids.

We'll just have to wait and see.........:-#:-#

Player
Morrisey
I dont want this too happen. Liverpool wouldn't want us to get too big because it would not work so well with us being their feeder club. As the club says it is also against the F.A rules as is owning more than 10% in more than one club. I would be happy for a fan to take over, but not someone looking for some money and will bump up ticket prices and the club will not stand for what it does now. Family and community.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It seems discussions over a takeover may be underway with investors other than D.I.C. Apparently Lorraine Rodgers basically said in so many words without actually saying it that they are in discussions with credible parties and she is willing to step aside if the deal is right for the club, team and fans.

B

Banana Army

ICs View

Pretty much the same as the official sites verdict, but with a dashing pic of the wiral beauty, but it does look like we will be taken over, but please no association with Liverpool. I'd rather be associated with Hitler

*waits to be slated*

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
To be honest don't think that article suggests we're in talks with anyone. IMO it just says that like any club if someone wants to invest we'll talk to them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To be honest don't think that article suggests we're in talks with anyone. IMO it just says that like any club if someone wants to invest we'll talk to them.

Completely agree.
Lorraine is a business woman and as per usual, has responded in the way we would expect. Hasn't really confirmed or denied anything but makes sure she gets the point across that we are open to offers. This we already knew.

Still a load of twaddle really.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Has anyone got an account for Wikipedia?

Since some liverpool fan has placed DIC graffiti on our entry, which needs removing.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
As an adjunct to the Liverpool F.C. proposed takeover, the Dubai International Capital Investment Group have also initiated a bid to purchase Tranmere Rovers F.C. for £19.75m. DIC see Tranmere Rovers' role as being a nursery club to Liverpool Football Club as Tranmere Rovers are based in Birkenhead, a seperate town that lies over the river from the city of Liverpool, and play in a lower division in English professional football.

All utter c**p. Should be removed.

Isn't fact. Isn't impartial. Presented as both, which really gets up my nose.