• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Daggers v Rovers

drwhoman

Wallace offers that touch of class and guile that is usually missing at NL level. Clearly MM believes that he gives us something different and with an energetic Toure alongside him he would be worth a start even if he has to come off after an hour when, hopefully, we will be winning. A gamble worth taking perhaps rather than trying to pitch him into the hurly burly when things are more stressed and we need energy more than skill.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know if RLC or anyone else at the game could comment on how fit Wallace looked. He held back a bit on his last comeback, but as Traore can fill the defensive midfield role, he'd be the more forward sitting of a central pair and the post-injury Wallace would be better suited there. As Ian says, MM will do his utmost to get Wallace into the side, but from my memory of Boreham Wood at PP this season, they were one of the better footballing sides at this level and it might be a risk worth taking.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I seriously doubt Wallace is ready to play ninety minutes. BW are a footballing side and we will be without possession for quite long periods, and I would question whether James is fit enough to operate in a midfield two at this stage.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I think it's nailed that Wallace starts next game given Jay's suspension.
If he can keep himself fit for the run in then he could make a huge contribution.
Bit it's a big "if".
Once Ollie has done his time would expect him to return unless Wallace pulls up some impressive trees.
Seen the BT highlights of game. Great stuff, though we could easily have conceded the first goal.
Agree with RLC that the Maccs defeat has killed us. Fair do's that we've bounced back but the loss was a six point shift. Add in their late equaliser at their place then the results against them have stuffed us similarly as those against Imps last season.
But we're holding some level of form and twin towers beckon once more!

drwhoman

RLC - could they play with Jennings, Wallace and Toure more central with Eddie Clarke providing width on the left? This might take some pressure off Wallace?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Drwhoman, Eddie Clarke has looked more comfortable playing in a left-back role, seen a couple of games when he was deployed as wing-back and didn't make much impact. He seems off Micky's radar atm, not making the bench for Saturday, though that's a reflection of our strong squad too.

I don't know how close Jeff Hughes is to a return, would be another option if available.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I seriously doubt Wallace is ready to play ninety minutes. BW are a footballing side and we will be without possession for quite long periods, and I would question whether James is fit enough to operate in a midfield two at this stage.

I wouldn't expect Wallace to last 45 minutes, let alone 90, but at least he's an option.

Player
aldo
cant see JAMES WALLACE starting on saturday . but can see cj moving into the middle with ben t out wide. just think too early for james

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think I would rather have a midfield of Ginnelly, Jennings, Traore and Clarke (on the left wing) than starting with Dunn (who is not good enough) or Tollitt (who still is not ready).

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Finally caught up with the highlights from this one. We rode our luck a little in the first half, with some poor defending matched by equally bad finishing in the first half, but upped the game in the second halfwith 4 well-taken goals.