• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Daggers v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Patchy half, quality needs to be better to win it. Traore quite impressive.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes harsh on Sutton but no time for sentiments now. If Monthe is a better player he should be playing. Come on Rovers !!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What a result. The only negative was Macc and Sutton both winning but we can only control what we can do.

Nice to see Wallace and Tollit get run outs towards the end. Same again next week at borehamwood please

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds like an excellent win. Injuries to Monthe and Harris, who also picked up a 10th yellow card the glitches, but a cameo for Wallace.

Player
Manager
John King
Superb second half, best we have played for weeks. Traore was brilliant.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just the result we needed. Clean sheet and some good goals chucked in. Let’s hope the players stay injury free because it’s looking like we’ve got one hell of a squad in time for the last 9 games.

Monthe appears solid at the back and hopefully Traore can give us something extra in the middle.

Nice to see Wallace getting some minutes.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
What are AFC Fylde players on? They have now thrashed three of the top four teams at home since New Year. A 7-1 demolition of Aldershot today follows a 6-0 drubbing for Macclesfield in January. It makes our 5-2 reverse almost seem respectable. Let's hope they make it four out of four when Sutton visit next month.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
The proverbial 'game of two halves' today.

In the first half our play was generally disjointed and scrappy. The performance was an improvement on Maidstone a couple of weeks ago, but our passing and decision making was still generally poor. In the first quarter of an hour we rode our luck on one or two occasions, notably when Okenibirhie missed a sitter from six yards, and while we settled down midway though the half and began to control possession, there was nothing to suggest what was to follow.

Micky clearly had some choice words at half time and we started the second period brightly. After good work by Ginnelly down the right hand side, Connor Jennings caught the Dagenham defence sleeping from the resultant throw in, leaving Cook with a tap in. From that moment onwards Dagenham heads went down and we were in complete control, with wave after wave of attacks, some superb football and clinical finishing from Cook and Norwood. The scoreline did not flatter us and we could easily have had more goals. The second goal in particular was a goal of the season contender, a flowing move which resulted in that rarity, a Norwood finish from a one-on-one, James deftly chipping the keeper from ten yards.

Individually, I thought Traore was immense. In addition to being prepared to put his foot in, he did not give the ball away all afternoon and was always looking to create and play forward. He is a great addition and should give us what we have missed in midfield since we lost Banks. McNulty did not put a foot wrong all afternoon, and I also thought Ginnelly was excellent, probably his best performance for us. I know he is not everybody's cup of tea, but this afternoon he had an end product to his game, with several excellent balls into the box, in addition to his usual tidy play. Cook and Norwood were ruthless in the second half, as they have been for months now.

I am still unsure about Monthe. He has attributes, such as his strength and mobility, but he loses too many headers for my liking and looks like he could have a mistake in him. I prefer Sutton, who seems a more natural partner for Big Mac.

Man of the match was between McNulty and Traore.

A brilliant end to a difficult week. On to a trickier game at Boreham Wood.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks RLC.

Even Wallace said post match that Mickey has been looking for a left sided centre halve for a while so you do wonder whether he’ll be first choice from now on if for alongisde Big Mac. Harsh on Sutton as for me he’s a contender for player of the year this season so far. That’s football I guess.

Just a shame we didn’t get Traore a couple of months ago as I still think the gap to Macc is too large.

Wallace also said that in the last few days Micky has been giving Nors a rollicking so it seems to have worked.

Player
Manager
John King
Thanks RLC.

Even Wallace said post match that Mickey has been looking for a left sided centre halve for a while so you do wonder whether he’ll be first choice from now on if for alongisde Big Mac. Harsh on Sutton as for me he’s a contender for player of the year this season so far. That’s football I guess.

Just a shame we didn’t get Traore a couple of months ago as I still think the gap to Macc is too large.

Wallace also said that in the last few days Micky has been giving Nors a rollicking so it seems to have worked.
The defeat to Macclesfield was an absolute killer. Our form since late October has been superb aside from that game: even if we had scraped a draw we would still have a decent chance of the title now.

Player
aldo
great win glad both boys got the goals . Traore was great . was great to see wallace get some time too . and at last are away form is improving . and great support as always we never stopped singing

drwhoman

As MM days, all we can do is keep winning! BW next week. I see they could not beat Hartlepool who had 10 men for 25 mins.

M

Mal

Great to see manner of victory. And as I said, after 50 years I expect all sorts of end of season surprises. Who would have thought that in one day the goal difference between Tranmere and Aldershot would have jumped up by 10?

Player
Manager
John King
There is an interesting selection dilemma next week. With Norburn and Harris suspended and Hughes apparently still injured, do we start with Wallace alongside Traore (which would be a gamble) or move Jennings into midfield ? And if the latter happens, who plays on the left hand side ?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There is an interesting selection dilemma next week. With Norburn and Harris suspended and Hughes apparently still injured, do we start with Wallace alongside Traore (which would be a gamble) or move Jennings into midfield ? And if the latter happens, who plays on the left hand side ?
Yes,I had similar thoughts. I think it would be very risky to start with Wallace, so I'd move CJ inside. Surely Ben Tollitt is worth risking from the start. That would leave Dunn, Wallace, Mangan and Sutton on the bench for second half hanged if needed.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I wouldn't move Connor to centre mid I would start either Duggan or Wallace with the other one on the bench

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Micky seems to favour Wallace even a rusty Wallace so I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he starts. Obviously he’ll tire as the game goes on so I’d then move Jennings into the middle with Mangan out wide.