• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Daggers v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A trip to east London up next, where we face up to Dagenham & Redbridge. Their principle backer has walked away and despite a fire sale of some of their better talent like Ling, Whitely, Ferrier, they've won 2 of their last 3, albeit against struggling sides. Finances are bad and there is some doubt they'll see the season out. Rovers'record is fairly decent against them on their home turf, last season seeing a 0-0, despite being down to ten men and Cook missing a late chance to seal a win.

It's a shame the Gateshead game was called off, as it would have been an easier game to bed in the new arrivals. The only certainty is no Norburn, but some of the absentees from Maidstone, will be back in contention. Will both of the new recruits start? It is a game which we need to win and up our game from the last two performances, but we're certainly capable.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we need four points from the two away games coming up, and Saturday is the most obvious one to target for a victory. As Boz says, Daggers have lost a lot of their star names, although Cheek and Okenabirhie remain, amongst others. However, a promotion winning side should be able to go to Dagenham and get three points.

In terms of our own line up, Traore will obviously start although a partnership with Harris does not look ideal on paper, as they are both defensive minded. At the back, I doubt Monthe will play ahead of Mac and Sutton, although his display at Maidstone was quite encouraging. I would guess Ginnelly will start on the wing and be replaced by Tollitt at some stage.

Hopefully the break of a couple of weeks will have freshened things up, as we have definitely looked tired and stale in recent matches.

Prediction: Rovers victory in front of 3-400 SWA.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Got to win to keep in touch with and pressure on teams around us, going for a 2 1 win

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Have I missed something? Have we signed one of the Toure brothers? Even Yaya at his age would be good to watch in the NL. ;)
Yes. His names YoYo Toure. Sadly a poorer version of YaYa :p

In all seriousness though, it will be interesting to see how the new guys get on and whether it will inject a bit of life back into the team.

Nothing but a win will do so with that in mind I’m going for a solid 2-0 win.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sorry I'll miss this one for a family celebration, but I hope to be a Boreham Wood. The fortnight's break will have allowed injuries and illnesses to be less of an issue. I wonder if Micky will dare to play Tollitt and Ginnelly with Harris and CJ between them? If not, Traore will have to play instead of Tollitt, with Ben appearing some rime in the second half. Like bigmart, I'm going for a 2-1 win.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I haven’t heard any injury updates and it was unclear if Ginnelly was unfit for the Maidstone game or a plastic refusenik. MM could also persist with Dunn out wide, as well as the option BBTC suggests. My inclination would be to use Tollitt off the bench, as he’s doesn’t appear ready for a full ninety yet.

There are also decisions to be made in the defensive line-up. If McNulty is available, do we go to 3 at the back, in which case who plays right wing-back? If using just a pair of central defenders, who misses out? It wouldn’t surprise me to see Monthe start as the manager is keen on having a natural left-footer at the back. There are so many options, that I swerved trying to suggest a starting xi in my initial post.

I’d hoped to get to this game, but looks like will have to work Saturday. Maybe not a bad thing, given my poor form watching Rovers on the road.

Player
aldo
lets just hope we get the win . got to play better . the winter break is over the players should be rested and fresh . hoping for a big win

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds from the pre-match interview that most will be available, Micky name-checked McNulty and both left-backs. Also suggested that Wallace might be an option in the coming weeks. We'll see.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m not sure now is the time to be bringing Wallace back into the group unless he is totally 100% ready to go. Appreciate his contract is up and he actually did ok late last season before he got injured in the play offs, but you we can’t afford passengers at this stage of the season unless we’re down to the bare bones

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, we all know he’s injury prone but if we need him at the end of the season due to injuries etc he might actually come in useful. If we don’t start playing him now he won’t be ready. I’d start putting him on the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian, I got the impression Wallace wasn’t going to be ready for a few more weeks from Micky’s pre-match remarks.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McNulty and Monthe at the back. Harris and Traore in the middle. Ginnelly starts.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Harsh on Sutton, though MM does like left-footed central defenders. Ginnelly must have been one with a plastic pitch phobia. Wallace on the bench, a surprise given the pre-match remarks, but Eddie Clarke doesn't even get a sub spot. Not sure about this line-up.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
You can usually judge a team by looking at the quality of the bench. This one is as good as I've seen this season. Wish I could be there, as I am confident.

BTW, no Clarke. Is Eddie still ill?

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Got to feel for Sutton. He must be a bit gobsmacked by this.
Ah well, the proof of the pudding and all that......

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From the commentary sounds like an even game, though Daggers having the better chances.