• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Daggers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I won't be going to this one, despite it being another ground to cross off the list. Cost and timing are my reason, the mates I normally stay with on London trips are away. Already this game has been highlighted by some on here as a six-pointer. While Rovers need to start picking up points, it's too early to pitch it as that crucial I feel. Despite our opponents being below us in the league, they've played a game less and will be no pushovers. Expecting the same starting XI as Tuesday.

Prediction. It feels like a draw.

Les Says

Well, according to our website Les is looking for us to string two wins together, hey I'm still looking for us to string two passes together!!:cool: And yes, I was one of the few who attended the Swans game!!

Dagenham & Redbridge seems so unfair, I reckon we'd find it tough enough to beat either Dagenham or Redbridge let alone a combined effort!!:lol:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Being serious it isnt a crucial relegation match (yet) - but if we lose this it will mean 2 successive league defeats against teams who have come from league 2. Add to that Oldham who i dont think will be in the top 10 at the end of the season, means we're losing to arguably the poorer sides in the leagues.

You wonder what us being bottom of the league could do for confidence etc - will some players be thinking its Dumb & Dumber all over again ?

That said, we beat some of the better teams last season (Norwich, Saints etc) so dont need to panic yet

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, according to our website Les is looking for us to string two wins together, hey I'm still looking for us to string two passes together!!:cool:
Haha, harsh but very true. I'm thinking a draw would be a decent result as it is away from home, but we really could do with going for a win here. Starting to forgot what winning feels like.

Player
Goodison
I would like to see Les change to a 4-4-2 to give the full backs some protection and allow us to play 2 strikers in the middle which may increase the probablity of a chance been scored. However I expect Rovers to line up in their own interpertation of the Ajax total football 4-3-3 and play endless hoofs down the middle at Showoddywoddy, who will flick them on to the goalkeeper.

If the stories of Gornell leaving are true, I expect Brown to take his place in the side, although I would prefer to see Fraughan playing wide left in the front 3. Hopefully Blanchard will keep his place at the back with Goodison as he was fairly steady on Tuesday and seems to have some positional sense and a turn of pace which compliments Goodison quite well, he reminds me of a smaller version of Chorley or McCready. I would leave Collister in goals as well as he hasn't really done anything wrong and has made some good saves.

Is anyone going to this one on here? I know there's usually quite a few London exiles at games down south.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Have not seen enough of Fraugh to comment, but I would consider Creswell and Zoum doubling up on the left. Also the three signings other than Brown (pushing for inclusion) ie Adkins, Morrow and McGurk should be pushing for a first team place ahead of current batch of youngsters otherwise you wonder why we sign squad players who are behind the kids....or may be that is all they will ever be....need one or two to justifiably hold down a regular place for us to have improved the team by any measure. I you always use what you always had you always get............

The Good Old Days

Starting to forgot what winning feels like.

So true Ian, I was checking out a few of my old VCR cassette tapes yesterday and came across a load of our classic 90's games which I'd taped off TV (highlights/live). The quality of the recordings are still spot on and reminded me of what winning felt like!! Villa, league cup semi-final 3-1 (OK, we lost over the two legs and woz robbed), 4,000 of their fans on the old open Kop and Ron Atkinson with hair.... those were the days!! :-({|=

v D&R

Anyway, to tomorrow's match, I've wanted us to play Zoum and Cressa together down the left since the start of the season as they're inter-changeable with one another. The problem is, I feel this would only work in a 4-4-2 as 4-3-3 relies on the forward 3 being more out and out strikers (i.e. a natural inside left/right in old money and a traditional centre forward). In the latter formation we'd obviously require the full backs to operate in a wing back role and bomb on, whereas the former 4-4-2 would surely suit the Zoum/Cressa combo far better.... in my opinion.8-[

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As has been commented, tomorrow's match can't be viewed as a six pointer at this stage in this season - but, if we lose again, we then have far tougher matches against Peterborough and Yeovil (away) coming up and many of us will probably start wondering where the next victory is coming from.

We really should be capable of winning away at the smaller, newly-promoted clubs if we are to stand a chance of surviving this season, so let's hope we have got three points and reached the heady heights of mid-table by tomorrow night.

Tomorrow

I think we've been rather unlucky to start the season off by playing two newly promoted teams in the first four games as they always seem to carry that positive momentum forward, Bournemouth being a prime example!!

Not only this, but I feel we're unfortunate to be facing another "season-opener" tomorrow. Firstly we had Oldham at home on the opening day, then we had the tough "Udders" trip for their opening home match and now we're travelling to D&R for their first ever home game in League One!!

Having said this, we'll still win 1-0 courtesy of a deft flick by Joss at the near post in the 74th minute!![-o<

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just checked the line-ups. No ITM, even on the subs bench and only 6 subs. Does this mean he's doing a Mascherano in order to secure a move back to Daddy?

Brown starts. More interestingly so does Ryan Fraughan, wonder if this will be as the left player in a front 3 or as part of a 442. Morrow doesn't feature anywhere, so either not signed as claimed on BBC or the paperwork not lodged in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.