• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cresswell Tribunal

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An adjudication was made today, demanding that Ipswich pay £240,000 up front, rising to a possible £520,000, but probable £420,000.

I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the settlement for a player who wasn't in the same class as some of our other youth products.

drwhoman

CRESSWELL

Plus 20% of any onselling fee. A reasonable outcome - as RLC say - better than we have received for arguably better players.

Will give Les a bit more flexibility if he needs to get someone in - certainly someone who can put the ball between the posts with any sort of regularity. What has happened to all those lower division strikers who scored with regularity knowing they did not have it at a higher level? Shows my age but oh for a John Manning, Barry Dyson, George Yardley or Charlie McDonald!!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Hmm - who did you have in mind?

I was not sure if you were being sarcastic here ?

Koumas, Hulme, Taylor, Jennings. I know they all went for more money, but relatively speaking £400k - £500k is a very good tribunal fee for a relatively inexperienced player who is not super-talented and has never played higher than League One.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
the 20% is not on any sell on fee its on any profit ipswich make

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
What has happened to all those lower division strikers who scored with regularity knowing they did not have it at a higher level? Shows my age but oh for a John Manning, Barry Dyson, George Yardley or Charlie McDonald!!
Glad I am not the only one who remembers 1964/5 when we scored 99 league goals, all the forwards (including Dyson, Manning and Charlie Mac) got into double figures and we won our first 18 home league games. And the Cowshed was a cowshed. Those were the days - and fish and chips on the way home cost 1/- (5p). =D>

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd agree it was a decent fee for Cresswell all things considered. It seems rather better than what we got for Steve Davies, a player of comparable experience, but can't remember the exact details for that.

We are seriously missing Aaron's ability at set pieces though.

drwhoman

Cresswell

Ah BBTC - you remind me - they allowed you on the bus with your bag of chips in those days! Even the players used to travel by bus. I remember having a good chat to Roy Sinclair one day. A skilful if not very strong midfielder. 10/11k there for a big game. Rovers 4 Brighton 2 - they were top of the division - Bobby Smith ex Spurs and England centre forward and Mel Hopkins Spurs and Wales in the defence and we stuffed them! Anyway, back to the reality of 2011!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I was not sure if you were being sarcastic here ?

Koumas, Hulme, Taylor, Jennings. I know they all went for more money, but relatively speaking £400k - £500k is a very good tribunal fee for a relatively inexperienced player who is not super-talented and has never played higher than League One.

Ah. Not sarcastic - I thought you were suggesting we had previously received less money for players of greater talent.

Agree to it not being a bad deal. Maybe there was some sort of unofficial reform to (or a shift within) the tribunal system after the Simon Jordan thing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Chairman Peter Johnson said: "Although it didn't meet our expectations I am pleased with the result of the tribunal.
What on earth were his expectations?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Dont know if anybody watched the Ipswich game tonight but Creswell was mom and peter beagrie and james scowcroft in the studio were raving about him.

He made 3 goal line clearances and his cross set up the 1st goal