• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Coyne To Middlesbrough

evo_trfc

Danny Coyne has now signed for Middlesbrough!

Well that's just fantastic Barnes has stated we are'nt gonig to be signing anyone and now we don't even have a bloody goalkeeper!

Coyne Jennings Kay Chorley - Barnett is bound to go! We have no players left! loanees will not suffice Mr Barness! we need 2 goal keepers 3 defenders 1 or 2 strikers! and a couple of midfielders!

Seriously if things dont start taking shape soon we are as good as down we won't even be competitive

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/8136047.stm

Player
Liam Palmer
Sorry to be the one who broke this. Can't blame the lad, can you.

I hear we're going to resign the League and enter the Wallasey & District 7-a-side league.

Seriously though, this is getting really scary..... 4-and-a-half weeks to the big kick off and maybe 6 players short.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
To be honest with you Tartan think your being over generous saying only 6 plyers! We will need 2 goalkeepers, at least 2 centre halfs, a right back, 2 central midfielders, a right winger and probably a left winger also. Out of these we need to find someone who can be club captain.

It so disheartening when you consider that at the end of the previous season we thought we would only need to bring in a couple of players to really put us in with a shout.

It quite bizarre also that out of all the players who were out of contract the one I felt wouldnt sign was Moore. I always felt at least a couple of the others would do nw I am just fed up with the whole thing, as someone who has not bought a season ticket for next year due to financial constraints I have to say for one I am made up I didnt get one, and I was planning on getting to as many games as possible when th money was thre. Now I reckon I wont bother. So much for enticing the crowds back through the turn stiles!

Player
Liam Palmer
I think we're going to have a team stuffed full of on-loan teenagers from Liverpool. You know, the ones they tell you are going to be the next Gerrard, etc. but two years later are playing at Accrington (which is where we're heading it this rate).

How that is meant to get the good folk of Wirral inspired enough to come to PP is way, way beyond me...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
In isolation, Coyne to Boro isn't a massive loss. I always thought he was overrated anyway, and there are a few good keepers out of contract. The wider picture however is actually beginning to look really bleak. Obviously we're going to sign players, but will they be the right ones? I think Barnes is going to be rushed into hasty decisions, perhaps just taking the leftover players that nobody else wants. We've lost all of our top performers, and are left with the likes of Savage, Taylor, Moore etc who, whilst still being good players at this level, are marginally above average at best. If they are paired with players of a similar quality or worse (as expected), this could be a very irritating season.

That said, to blame Barnes for this is particulaly unfair as these players probably would have left regardless of who was manager.

Let's hope Cresswell, Curran and Gornell breakthrough to be the next holy trio.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I agree that it aint Barnes fault, poor sod his head must be spinning. When he took over he had 5 players out of contract and am sure he expected some of them to stay, he probably thought he may need to bring in 4 players tops. Now all of sudden he is right up against it. No keepers......pre season training must be interesting when doing shooting practice! The whole spine of the team ripped out! I mean dont forget cupled to this we play the opening day without both Goodison and Edds who are both suspended and Bas who is still injured!

As I say dont think this is a reflection of Barnes any new manager dropped into a situation such as this would struggle to succeed.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd have expected about half of the out-of-contractor to sign new deals, so don't blame Barnes for the shortfall. However, when starting a new management post, surely you need some idea of what to do in a worst case scenario. Barnes has shown little of any idea on this and opted for an equally inexperienced assistant. It's not looking good.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I think we need to remember that whilst we are only hearing about players leaving we don't know anything about what negotiations with what players are currently underway. We all know TRFC is rubbish as a rumour mill and hardly anything ever comes out of the club about possible signings.

I have have faith in Dave Philpotts and the players he will have indentified at the end of last season for this. So think we should hang on, feel we'll see some arrivals this week [-o<

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
In isolation, Coyne to Boro isn't a massive loss
Really? He was one of the best goal keepers in the league last year. 40 games, 20 clean sheets. If we can find a suitable replacement, I'd be amazed. Or maybe we'll stick an inexperienced, but 'high rated' youngster in his place.

I'm getting a little worried, to be honest.
Barnes has already stated he wont be bringing in as many as has gone, so where does that leave us? They would have to be quality replacements in order to fill the gaps left by Coyne, Chorley, Jennings and Kay. All key players from last season, there's a huge void in the squad.

Barnes' b*llox about not needing quality, just hard working players who will play the 'right' way.. Great, cant wait to see these hard working players in div 2..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Personally thought that the number of clean sheets Danny kept was down to the quality of defending. For me he's a good shot-stopper, but doesn't take control of his area like Achto. There'll be a new central defensive pairing, would hope at least one of the keepers we get will be assertive in the box. Guess the backup is likely to be some bright young loanee.

Chris

Player
Bas Savage
Coyne, jennings, chorley and kay were some of our best performers last season, so to see all 4 leave is slightly worrying. Coyne keeping 20 clean sheets on top of the many of stand out performances from our defence last season were a big contributor to us doing so well in the league, I mean it was not like we were regularly battering teams by 2 or 3 goals!

I think our problem this season is going to be a lack of goals, last season we didnt really score enough goals compared to our promotion rivals, but this didnt matter as much due to the number of clean sheets the team kept. Last season we won around 15 games by a one goal margin. After losing Kay (top scorer) and Greenacre (our most natural goalscorer) on top of losing the majority of our first choice defence and keeper I think we will struggle to achieve the heights of last season.

Obviously this all depends on who digger brings in, but he's got a hell of a job on his hands bringing in players of similar quality to the outgoing lot, hope the incoming liverpool loanees are better than antwi!!