• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Commitment and attitude

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No sure how true this is, but when the FA cup draw was live on TV, Goodison was asked if he was going to watch. He said no and fooked off home. Not interested I think his response was.

Great to have such dedication running through the camp! :roll:

J

Johnny King is God

Sadly not. Aldo would have kicked is ass for that.

WHERE IS THE PASSION?

smilingmart

Johnny King is God said:

WHERE IS THE PASSION?

Don't be glorifying Aldo as a great manager. He got us relegated and has such a good name in the game he hasnt been offered another job since.

He is the reason we're in league one.

J

Johnny King is God

Did I say I was glorifying Aldo? No, I dont think I did.

Have I said he was a great manager? Have I? Can't see it.

I was actually referring to his passion for the cup.

Hence my "Where is the passion?" statement.

I think under this pillock we have at the moment there is no passion at the club. I think this is what they're lacking.

And even if I did think Aldo was a great manager - who are you to tell me otherwise?

His management may be one of the reasons we got relegated, but he did take us to a major cup final and the fa cup quarter finals twice. And if it wasnt for his goals, we arguable would never have left this division on the first place.

So there! 8)

S

Seanyb

smilingmart said:
Johnny King is God said:

WHERE IS THE PASSION?

Don't be glorifying Aldo as a great manager. He got us relegated and has such a good name in the game he hasnt been offered another job since.

He is the reason we're in league one.

Sorry I don't agree with that. I'll give you a name that got us relegated.... Lorrainne Rodgers. Why dop you think Aldo left, its because of her. Aldo was a good manager, he took us on a fantastic series of cup runs and he had fantastic passion for the club. I wish he was still are manager now.

DixieDean

Aldo approached Lorraine with a list of players that he said would get us out of the relegation zone. All we had to do was sell Koumas to fund their purchase. She refused.

He had what he saw as a solution to save us but she didn't want to sell our prized asset.

For me Koumas never had the fight and desire in him and Aldo could see that. He wanted workers in his team (not shirkers) and I honestly believe that if he had been allowed to sell Koumas he would have kept us up.

Let's see if Brian can keep us up with money he got from selling our best players (a luxury not afforded to Aldo when he asked to do it) ...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Aldo, whilst being a complete loon did at least have passion. I mean can you really see the current team coming back from 3-0 down to win 4-3? I dont think so.. :roll:

Griff

Aldo - The best and worst manager all rolled up into one.

The passion to inspire his players to come back from 3 - 0 down against a top flight team

but he lacked the tactical know how and the management skills to stop our plummit down the league.

Also he took it really hard when he left. I'm sure he could have got another job. Worse managers then him go from team to team. I dont think he wants the stress.

People think its easy to manage, yet sometimes you have the right manager, the right players and the right tactics, but it just doesnt work.

Too bad we have none of these at the moment.

I say we go for a managment team. Bring in an experienced old hand to manage the team affairs and let McAteer do the hands on.

DixieDean

Ian said:
Aldo, whilst being a complete loon did at least have passion. I mean can you really see the current team coming back from 3-0 down to win 4-3? I dont think so.. :roll:

could you even imagine the current team coming back from 1-0 down and winning?...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
could you even imagine the current team coming back from 1-0 down and winning?...
i know mate. scary thinking aint it! :shock: :roll:

C

championship_here_we_come

Ian said:

hey i just found a video of that famous match want to relive the glory days click on the link

http://media.putfile.com/fa-cup-replay

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
if it wasnt for aldo, we wouldnt have got to wembley. the brilliant day out and the momemorable momentss we had, 4-3 v soton, 3-0 v everton, 3-2 v leeds. memorable moments with aldo, so dont diss the aldo!

DixieDean

it's such a pity he hasnt gone to a non league club to get more experience.

it could be johnny king all over again, as he wasn't a huge success first time round, but was picked up again while managing a non league team for his second stint as boss.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
he wanted out the management game i think. from what i remember, it was affecting him and his family, and that when he called it quits.

think hes more than happy to commentate on the liverpool games. less stressful :)

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Ian said:
think hes more than happy to commentate on the liverpool games. less stressful :)

Not at the moment I imagine :!:

C

how do you find out the direct download link as ther5e are a numner of video on there i would like to put on my hard drive including a video of the everton 0-3 match

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
To quote the pwnerer - "You can train like, a noob, but he'll just be a trained noob" purepwnage.com

But, to answer your question (after all I am, like you know, like a pro, lol) what you want to do is go to your top menu and click View - Page Source. Then simply use the "Find" to umm... find a piece of text you recognise from the website, for example in this case "View Width:" and somewhere close by will be that direct link for you. Bob's your mother's brother.

C

oh im such an idiot :oops:
i knew how to do that had just forgoten :oops:
i find it is easyer if you search for src= as the is the source of the file ie the download link lol