• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Colchester 1-5 Tranmere

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
All of a sudden the squadlooks strong. O'Hallron out wide today- never saw it coming- though not a bad call for an away game given workrate.BB on the bench and Thompsonnot in squad - strength indeed=P~

Siddibe induced a few fouls and free kicks......nice to have a real big guy inplace.

Goals from all over the team and good to see stockton have a few popsat goal resulting in a goal - happy days!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Superb. Sounded like everyone played their part. I had a great feeling we were going to stop the rot and we did it in impressive style. Hopefully we'll get some nice reports coming through from those that went. Reminded me a lot of earlier this season when we were scoring for fun.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Aside from goals (obviously), match stats point to a close game. Be interested to hear from anyone who went.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A great team performance today. We controlled the game almost from start to finish against a woeful Colchester side and played some really nice football. While the display was not quite as scintillating as some of the early season games, I can't think of another match where we were so in command and had so many good individual displays.

It is difficult to single players out, but Robbo (best game in ages), Power (magnificent and a fantastic strike for the first goal) and Akpro (sublime) would be my candidates for man of the match. Corry started slowly but gradually got into the game and showed some lovely touches, Taylor and Goodison were really solid at the back. Goody made a huge difference to us organisationally and justified his selection, although we did concede our customary goal from a set play.

The front two combined really well and caused them all sorts of problems, a total contrast to Tuesday night. I like Sidibe. He won loads in the air, held the ball well and looked decent on the ground and appears to have an understanding with Akpro. He works hard, but is deceptively laid back with a lolloping stride, and seems to play with a smile on his face.

Unlike Ronnie, I would have started with Holmes, but in fairness Kay had a terrific game, probably his best in a Rovers shirt. The only disppointment was O'Halloran, who was completely anonymous aside from the penalty (which he tucked away quite impressively). I am not sure what ABB has to do to get a game and I think his presence will be needed against the better sides.

Finally, I was really pleased to see Cole score after his recent struggles, a trademark strike from the edge of the box after shrugging off two defenders.

The changes and new faces have given the team a completely different feel and this result is surely the pick-me-up that we need. The league is wide open, so let's hope we can put the cock-ups behind us and get back into the top two on Tuesday night.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would have thought ABB had a decent shout to start this game especially considering his contribution against Swindon.

Having said that, O'Halloran was getting positive comments on the radio saying he had a good game out wide.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A fantastic result and one i didnt see coming. Hopefully get things back on track now and push on for the rest of the season.

Player
Manager
John King
O'Halloran was getting positive comments on the radio saying he had a good game out wide.

I dod not see him do anything before the penalty incident to be honest (at which point the game was over) and I maintain that against the better sides we need to start with ABB.

Player
Manager
John King
It has apparently been confirmed today that Sidibe is out for two weeks with a hamstring strain picked up in yesterday's game. The bad luck we have had with injuries this season is incredible.

At least we have JLAA available and in good from.

DIW

Player
Goodison
It has apparently been confirmed today that Sidibe is out for two weeks with a hamstring strain picked up in yesterday's game. The bad luck we have had with injuries this season is incredible.

Oh FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sadly his injury record over the last few years isnt very good, but this is grim news.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's ridiculous, although he did admit his hamstring always plays up after a period out.

Player
Goodison
Sidibie's injury is not surprising given his injury record. hopefully stocktons goal on Saturday will give him the confidence to push on. Him and jlaa are a similar combination to big mama and jlaa, so it might work out ok.

Player
Manager
John King
Want some more bad news ? Gibson injured his knee in his comeback game at Middlesbrough today.

It seems we may not see him again this season.

Player
Goodison
He injured his knee in training - not in the actual game so didn't play (he's not in the squad on the match report on the Boro site). He might be ok, there's no offical news regarding the severity of the injury. Knee injuries can range from 1 or 2 days to months, so let's hope he's alright!