• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Charity Football Match @ Prenton Park

Phil Birss

Hi,

I was hoping I may be able to help raise the profile of TRFC with an charity event that I am organising.

A local Wirral football team, Blaze FC and Merseyside Police have got together to raise funds for Claire House by playing a football match on the first team pitch at Prenton Park (the home of Tranmere Rovers Football Club). All proceeds raised will be used to benefit Claire House. The event is open to everyone to watch and spectators will be encouraged to make monetary donations on entry to the stadium. Kick off will be at 10:30am.

What I'm really looking for is a way to reach as many fans of Tranmere FC as possible, whether is via this forum site (can we do a new post and get it out to everyone), or via the supporters club. Any ideas please let me know.

I would really appreciate any help that you can give. I live in Tranmere and happy to have a chat. My mobile is 07834 819 139 and email is philbirss@googlemail.com

Thanks
Phil Birss

Player
Johnny Morrissey
When is the game Phil? You might wanna ask the club to put it on the official website to drum up support, ask them to put it in the programme. Speak to the local press, Wirral News etc and just put the word out to as many people as possible. Am sure if the Police are involved then they will be able to help spread the word via their press officer.

Good luck with it all, if I can help at all, give me a shout I'd be happy to help a good cause. I've done lots of charity events and fundraising myself and organising events, so if I can be of assistance let me know.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
the cowsheds is another good active site worth posting this on. ask the club if they can mention it at half time at the hereford game also? :)