• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brown scores again!

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Another for the reserves for Brown in their 1-1 draw with Preston tonight. When will he get his chance at first team level?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
ahh you beat me to it!

well the problem is inconstinency.

M

Matthew The Rover

I think it's consistency Andy! Consistently not being picked for the first team! :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah maybe he should be given a sub appearance on Saturday?!?

Player
Morrisey
I dont think that Saturday is the right occasion! I would say in the cup but that aint happening this season. I would wait for a game that isn't so crucial! I know they all are but I think that this one is extra important.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I know me neother, there has been times I've watched the reserves and thought he deserves his chance, then again thers been games I've thought he is lazy get him off.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
He's not lazy, I guess he's understandably frustrated and confused. Just as we are. He has the ability and the fitness. He should be playing for the first team, there's no excusing letting talent go to waste like that. He's shown that he's right mentally by sticking around even when the club messed him about royally over his contract. I'm baffled by it and I'm sure he is too.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
do you go to the reserve games, I do and theres been games were he has been lazy.

so he yes at times he is lazy!

Player
Morrisey
I have never been to a reserve game before, but I would put it down to mentallity. If you knew you were a decent Midfielder, yet a striker is getting in midfield ahead of you and you knew you were capable you would be pissed off. I just think that sometimes he looses motivation as I would! Good of him to stick around though.

I aint been though so that is my take on it from what I hear!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

bolton_hater said:
do you go to the reserve games, I do and theres been games were he has been lazy.

so he yes at times he is lazy!

Yer ive been to a few where hes been lazy but theres been sum where he has had good games according tp program notes

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
BH and BBaB, do you accept that this 'lazy' play that you percieve could in fact be, as SWA and I have said, MOTIVATIONAL? He's been messed about, and who performs their best in that situation? Plus with attendances for reserve games being in the hundreds (or tens!) rather than thousands it's not like there's many people to be let down or to impress.

And he's a centre forward turned winger... how many wingers in the past have been falsely labelled that way... they aren't lazy, perhaps you don't quite understand the way they sometimes play - getting into space and positions that are attacking, threatening which sometimes is achieved by separating yourself from the play - I think we can all agree that Brian doesn't understand anything attack minded!!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I see where you're coming from NBDH's but I know he can play well as I;ve seen him play well I know what hes capable of, but there has been times I think he should be doing alot better.

M

Matthew The Rover

Was Brown with Tremarco and Ollie James in the Kop today?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I do see where you are coming from nbdh but he has got abilty and I do feel he deserves a chance in the first team but I feel he might not be ready yet